Zanussi WDT1084 Washer Dryer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, my 14 year old Zanussi WDT1085 has developed a problem.
The programme knob turns freely without clicking through the programmes. If I turn it on, it just fills with water and stops. Is this something that is easy/cheap to fix? Thanx Franny

Sponsored Links
Inspect the shaft on the back of the knob it's poss split.

Ah! Have been trying to get the facia off to have a look but can't get one of the clips to release. There are some clips at the top and on the right hand side that have released fine but of the 2 clips on the underneath, one has now broken and is loose and the other won't release no matter what I do. I've tried inserting a flat head screwdriver into the provided slot and all that happens is that I end up lifting the machine up when I push hard. I don't want to bust anything but can't see how to get the clip to release! Any hints?

Can u post the Pcn number on the door ,But if it has the big old external program knobs that stick out of the panel about an inch then there is a hole in the side of it & you need to push a thin screwdriver in there & twist the knob anticlockwise to release it..

Sponsored Links
That did it!!!! Facia off, and I've figured out what the problem was. The nut holding the programme knob in place had come loose and the knob was just spinning and not actually turning the cogs/gears. However in trying to tighten said nut, which is small and fiddley, I dropped it inside the washing machine and now can't find it. All I need to do now is find a replacement nut and all will be good!!! Thank you for your excellent advice..... can you do anything about my clumsiness too?

Hi again Rocks 1,

Thanks for your advice in getting the facia off however I still haven't fixed the problem. I got a replacement nut but the programme knob still just turns without advancing the programmes. When I turn the metal shaft that pokes out of the programme box(?) I can advance the programmes but the Timer Knob Cam Disc (orange plastic) still turns freely. Obviously it is not attached properly to the metal shaft. I've trying to remove the cam disc to replace it but can't manage it. Do you have any tips on removing the cam disc?

I'm not sure which is the PCN number but here are some of the numbers inside the door.

Type: P6296154
Prod No: 914634051 00

Thanx Franny

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back