Zanussi - wont drain, and can't find the pump.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
does anyone have a Zanussi slimline it's about 5 years old.

Having checked all the way down the hose to where it connects to the bottom of the machine and having taken the drain area apart, still it won't drain, so does anyone know how to access the pump and check its clean?
can't really manage a new one at the moment
many thanks for anyone's ideas!
christine

Sponsored Links
It depends on the model. Unfortunately you've omitted to tell us that.
There can be several versions of a model so it's best to give the model and the product number, that way your exact machine can be identified.

strangely once I checked its actually a Bosch slimline model,
number SRS5602. My apologies f I have wasted your time.
I have taken the bottom off the front and seen a small centre hole which I guess could lead to the pump but not sure.
any thanks
christine

well my bosch has filter accesible from the front.bottom right corner yours may have ?? this may be blocked ??

when buying a machine my 1st option is always bosch, how ever a filter, accessible from the front is something to look out for with any model/ make when purchsaing.

pumps tend to be in the base of the machine,

Sponsored Links
Modern dishwashers are very difficult to work on and in my opinion are beyond the ability of the average DIY repairer. To get at the drain pump you need to remove the large plastic base moulding from the machine. To do this means having the machine upside down and doing a total stripdown.

my apaoligies i thought we was talking washing machines here !!

domestic dishwasher yer nightmare of things my 1 st thing would be to blow down the drain pipe after cleaning all the gunk off the end it lol !!!

i guessthis m/c has a blockage from food etc. despite wat they say i recommend rinsing the gunk off ya plates b4 popping them in ;)

Depending on model (dont have the manuals with me) you can access the pump either by

removing the right hand side panel (tight squeeze to get to pump)

Removing the plastic kick plate at the front and sometimes the metal backing plate (awkward) some have an access hole behind the kick plate which enables you to get to the pump others you have to squeeze hand over the top of the plastic base (hence the awkward)

Some have a thin metal sheet base that is held on by 2 screws and can be removed (do not lie the machine down as water generally leaks onto the electrics it is normally better to raise it up on a platform or tip the machine back and chock in place while working underneath)

If you remove the filters from inside the base of the machine and remove the water from inside the well some have a small plate over the top of the pump impeller held in by a Torx screw which can be removed and allows you to check and remove most obstructions without removing the pump motor

Bosch pump motors are usually twist fit as well (make sure the plastic locking tab is unlocked)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back