Zone Valve Actuator and CH Problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

We had a replacement boiler fitted prior to Christmas. It's a Glowworm Ultracom SXi 30.

It's been working fine and dandy, although I keep having to top up the water as it keeps losing water pressure. We generally have the heating on all the time and regulate heat via the thermostat. Should I top up the system only when the entire system is cold? Am not sure if I am topping up and then it's too much and then it's venting some excess water off?

Since it's been fitted, the radiators all work fine, but the ground floor radiators are never particularly hot. They are warm/hot at the top of the radiator and cold at the bottom. I've tried bleeding and there doesn't appear to be any air in the system. Any thoughts?

Second problem. There is a Drayton Zone Valve Actuator (ZA6) in the airing cupboad with the HW tank. This has started clicking every 20 seconds or so and basically we now have no heating as this appears to regulate the water going from the Tank to the CH radiators. You can fiddle with it and hold a black switch/lever on top down and this immediately fires up the HW Tank and starts filling the radiators and it would work for about an hour. Now it won't work at all.

Is there a way to bypass this ZVA until I can get someone out to fix it? I.e. remove power? Or if I tape the lever/switch down is this going to be dangerous?

The HW tank is a Heatre Sadia Mega Flo - Model CL210 (not sure if this is relevant).

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Many thanks,

Jamie

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back