cable for adressable loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For an adressable loop, class A system, can i use fp200twin an earth or do I need fp200 3core and earth? Or does it depend on the panel I use?

Sponsored Links
hmmmmm I'd be worried if I was getting you to fit one for me, its a basic question.

Are you up to date with the regs?

Sponsored Links
Yes I'm up to date but I'm asking about a wiring system, not about regulations and considering Im not fitting it for you and you're not actually helping, go away

Constructive opinion.

If you have to ask this when fitting a fire detection system you should not be doing it. Lives may be at risk.

Class A is Fire type.
Grade A is Detection type.

Thats the abridged versions.

I know, just in a rush and didn't distinguish between the two as I assumed that anyone who replied would understand what I was asking

I know, just in a rush and didn't distinguish between the two as I assumed that anyone who replied would understand what I was asking

I do understand what your asking, I just cant believe you're asking on a DIY forum, when you're probably taking money off someone for fitting it?!

Ahh, you see. Someone understanding - right away sees something terribly wrong.

Wrong terminology and a lack of knowledge.

So thats two of us having seen this, still not understanding why you are asking this question.

The letter A is not used to describe any type of fire alarm system in the uk - you're a guesser and you're guessing wrong.

Ok grade A L2 fire alarm system, I was just asking if is need another core for interlinking the sounders

Holmslaw, your not right there actually.

OP L2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,please stop reading from a book.

Someone`s fitting linked smokes, not a fire detection system as we know it.

Go back to the wholesalers and ask them for the leaflets that fell out of the boxes.

Pedantic enough?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back