CCTV, poor night vision

Forget that pic, I've pulled one straight off the DVR now.

192168064_02_20120315215504_4612375.jpg

That photo is miles better than what mine can do. It's nice an clear. I do see it is well lit there too. Your camera is infrared right?

If you look there is LIGHTING there.
Sod the IR aspect to a degree. As I mentioned before, lighting, ambient or supplied is a vital key.
Also as mentioned the location.

Sponsored Links
Yes. I think it's a sony camera. It's definitely a 620 line camera though.

Maybe have a look at something like a hi resoloution night devil camera. They perform really well in low light.
That was the second option i suggested - or at least a similar product.

There are rumblings of concern regarding camera's from SysQ hence people moving to alternatives.

Sorry, must have missed that.

Is there? What sort of concerns? Would you mind PMing me if you'd rather not say on here?

It can see infra red if that's what you mean? It doesn't actually have any inbuilt IR illumination. It's just a normal road with normal street lights.

Can't remember what make it is now. It's been up for ages. I think it's a sony camera. It's definitely a 620 line camera though.

Maybe have a look at something like a hi resoloution night devil camera. They perform really well in low light.

I ment the IR illumination. As you have good lighting, no need for it really, from what that photo shows. :)

Sponsored Links
s** the IR aspect to a degree. As I mentioned before, lighting, ambient or supplied is a vital key.

Thats what I was were saying. It's still better though.
Here is a photo of the post from my camera yesterday morning. You can still see the face but it's not that good.

If I go for a new CCTV camera I will have to go for this one.
http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Twilight-FLD-%2d-High-Resolution-700TVL-Vandal-IR-Dome.html

I do have some other CCTV cameras but they are not domes or all best quality. May try them first.

Mrbox";p="2336232 said:
s** the IR aspect to a degree. As I mentioned before, lighting, ambient or supplied is a vital key.

Thats what I was were saying. It's still better though.
Here is a photo of the postman from my camera yesterday morning. You can still see the face but it's not that good.

If I go for a new CCTV camera I will have to go for this one.
http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/products/Twilight-FLD-%2d-High-Resolution-700TVL-Vandal-IR-Dome.html

I do have some other CCTV cameras but they are not domes or all best quality. May try them first.

No link.
But you have been provided with suitable ones already.
What do you want us to do?
Endorse a pile of dog poo we have never used?

You have had good advice and links. Stop asking if another will suffice. You have been given the best options for the price and positioning.

I am not trying to be rude here, just bored of repeating things.

Get better lighting, your last pic proves this, a better cam. Adjust it correctly.

Job done.

EDIT

Now see the link, ONE THAT WAS ALREADY PROVIDED.

Try your other cams, why did you buy one if you had others?

Still wrong positioning and bad illumination.

Had enough, just repeating myself now.
Post more dire pics all you like.
Remember they look good in full sunlight (Tops of heads) in darkness they look like TOPS OF HEADS.

BTW that bad CCTV firm I said about above is called, SCTLtd in UK. Avoid them like the plague.
Wouldn't even dawn on us to consider looking at them as a supplier.
PS. Especially one that shows a row of Mercs outside their office.

Thats good. If you had any problems, they will fob you off and you will lose your money. I'm sure the amount you would spend runs into thousands, so thats no use with a bad service.

This is what I bought from them about 4 years ago. Not from where the link is though.

It did not even work right out the box and needed firmware updates. I got sick of asking for things to be fixed. I was more like a beta tester than a customer. :rolleyes:

VerDiGi EB1704 Hybrid
http://www.dcfeelsecure.com/averdigi-eb1704-hybrid/

No link.
But you have been provided with suitable ones already.
What do you want us to do?
Endorse a pile of dog poo we have never used?

You have had good advice and links. Stop asking if another will suffice. You have been given the best options for the price and positioning.

I am not trying to be rude here, just bored of repeating things.

Get better lighting, your last pic proves this, a better cam. Adjust it correctly.

Job done.

EDIT

Now see the link, ONE THAT WAS ALREADY PROVIDED.

Try your other cams, why did you buy one if you had others?

Still wrong positioning and bad illumination.

Had enough, just repeating myself now.
Post more dire pics all you like.
Remember they look good in full sunlight (Tops of heads) in darkness they look like TOPS OF HEADS.

I am not asking again. I was just showing you a photo and sort of agreeing with you. Plus saying which one I will likely go for. Out of money at the moment. Will have to wait.

Calm down, your getting all confused now.

The other cameras are not all that, as I said. Just keeping my options open until I can get a better one for peat sake.

Confused?

Illumination...........

Your having difficulties with this.

Alarm I don't know what your problem is but I were referring to your ramblings quoted above.

You try to make out I did not understand and you did not like a photo I showed you, to show that I agreed.

I understand what you have said and don't have difficulties with Illumination. It's you who is saying that. :rolleyes:

Now I am just a normal customer at the end of the day and like to keep options open. I don't do things on impulse.

But I thank you for the advice and your other mate. Simples. :D

Btw Alarm, here is a photo just for you, of some crappy CCTV cameras I bought years ago for a old place. :mrgreen: Btw that dome don't work and is a rubbish sharp 1/4. :mrgreen:

Will remove in days.

Right I have just called cctv direct about that camera and asked if it's ok for me. I did feel that he tried to avoid answering my questions and I even made a suggestion, about a problem I had. Not that impressed.

Also this camera is almost 100 quid, not as shown. Add VAT and postage.

Was told that it would be better than what I have now. Just wish I could see a demonstration photos, not some stupid slick sales video.

I am concerned I may have the same problem with night vision as the one I have now.

They sell the same sort as the one I am looking at but is Varifocal http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/product...ra-Low-Light-%2d-Adjustable-4%2d9mm-Lens.html

This review did concern me.

We were recommended this unit and whilst the day performance is very good, users should be aware that the night vision is very limited by the over powerful IR. At 7 meters and under you cant see a persons face or any details as they are just blown right out (Total White Face). Not really much good as most intruders strike at night. We've now been told we need the upgraded 600TVL which is another £50.

You haven't paid any attention whatsoever have you?
All the information, facts and reasons have been given to you but for some reason, you choose to ignore.

Now your 'the big i am' and able to judge all on your own - despite the fact you seem to struggle to read clearly what the web page says.

Enjoy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back