Honeywell Galaxy G2 Zone lockout not responding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I recently finished installing a G2 +44 system and all seems to work ok after ironing out most problems but when I go into menu 51.09 Zone Lockout the default is No lockout but I want it to lockout after about 3 zone alarms so I've tested it with 1 event but it continues to go off even after testing 3 alarm simulations on one zone. Does anyone know why this might not be working to the way I've set it

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Can you provide more detail on your test condition.

You are in the room with a single zone/sensor triggering and you allow the alarm bell time to complete and system reset without exiting that room and triggering anything else ?

Yes that's correct. I tried setting it once with the key fob from in my study while I was entering this post. The PIR in that room which is the only one that would trigger is set as an intruder zone. For the test I set the bell time to 1 minute so the test would be quicker. I did the alarm cycle 8 times then reset. I also tried it from the keypad and let the hall PIR trigger which I programmed as an exit zone. I did this cycle 3 times then gave up. What was odd though was when I reset the keypad it had the zone had gone off but it certainly didn't record 8 alarms! I don't know if this gives you a clue to the problem.

3 rearms perhaps?

Also set the system as it should be. Not a "rigged up study" test.
You may find it acts differently.

This is also not a toy unlike certain things sold in B&Q and fitted by amateurs.

If you have a manual, read it carefully.

Sponsored Links
Hi Chris,

Your system is not actually automatically re-arming. You are triggering the zone and the bell timer is counting down and resetting. Another zone trigger then restarts the bell timer. Not many people set up the auto-rearm properly :( No doubt there will be a stream of folks who will now chime saying that this is obvious...

If you do not have an ARC connection, then you need to modify menu option 51.55.6 and change to 'on bell timeout'. After this, when you trigger the system, the log will look something like this (example set for a zone lockout of two):

FULL SET
+INTRU (first trigger of zone)
-INTRU
REARM
+INTRU (second trigger of zone)
-INTRU
+ FORCE OMIT
REARM

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I don't think it would go down to well with neighbours now!

Hi SD

I reconfigured this morning and worked first time as I wanted it to and you said it would. I then checked the log and it did force omit. It went off the once in the study then not again, I walked into the hall and it triggered again.

It's the first time I've used a forum but I'm always doing DIY and I always get there in the end but it can take a very long time sometimes just from reading through manuals. I didn't expect the solution first attempt. I'm very impressed with your knowledge. Thank you very much.

There was one other problem I had earlier on in the setup that I just left in the end because I wanted to get the thing up and running.

On all test etc. all coms and devices working properly on signal test and walk tests. I have not fitted a GSM Module. I was happy to use the onboard PSTN/Modem. I would have liked it to ring me and text me but if it could only do one easily, text would be fine. I did not want to connnect to an ARC.

When I configured it to ring and text it did ring me once alarm triggered. I set it to in the fail to comm window to 15 seconds so it would ring me once or twice then give up as I wouldn't be sending back a signal. I could never get the texting me function to work at all. Once it had rung me it gave a fail to comm alert on the keypad that I could not get rid of using my user code as a manager or Engineer code I had. The only way I could get rid of it was to reset the whole system. As I say, after a couple of days and about 10/15 different configurations I gave up and deleted my phone number and 4 digit account number I made up. I thought I can always come back to it in the future once all else is working ok which is now!

Any thoughts!

Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back