DIYnot
Local | Network
   DIYnot > Forums
Local | Network
DIYnot Network Local DIYnot Network Local  
  Forum IndexForum Index     RulesRules    HelpHelp     Join FREERegister Free     About CookiesCookies     SearchSearch     LoginLogin 

Honeywell Galaxy G2 Zone lockout not responding

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris77

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:00 pm Reply with quote

Hi

I recently finished installing a G2 +44 system and all seems to work ok after ironing out most problems but when I go into menu 51.09 Zone Lockout the default is No lockout but I want it to lockout after about 3 zone alarms so I've tested it with 1 event but it continues to go off even after testing 3 alarm simulations on one zone. Does anyone know why this might not be working to the way I've set it

Many thanks
 Alert Moderators

If you do not want to see this advert, click here to login or if you are new click here to join free.
socdesign

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:55 pm Reply with quote

Can you provide more detail on your test condition.

You are in the room with a single zone/sensor triggering and you allow the alarm bell time to complete and system reset without exiting that room and triggering anything else ?
 Alert Moderators
Chris77

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote

Yes that's correct. I tried setting it once with the key fob from in my study while I was entering this post. The PIR in that room which is the only one that would trigger is set as an intruder zone. For the test I set the bell time to 1 minute so the test would be quicker. I did the alarm cycle 8 times then reset. I also tried it from the keypad and let the hall PIR trigger which I programmed as an exit zone. I did this cycle 3 times then gave up. What was odd though was when I reset the keypad it had the zone had gone off but it certainly didn't record 8 alarms! I don't know if this gives you a clue to the problem.
 Alert Moderators
Alarm

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:22 pm Reply with quote

3 rearms perhaps?

Also set the system as it should be. Not a "rigged up study" test.
You may find it acts differently.

This is also not a toy unlike certain things sold in B&Q and fitted by amateurs.

If you have a manual, read it carefully.
 Alert Moderators
socdesign

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm Reply with quote

Hi Chris,

Your system is not actually automatically re-arming. You are triggering the zone and the bell timer is counting down and resetting. Another zone trigger then restarts the bell timer. Not many people set up the auto-rearm properly icon_sad.gif No doubt there will be a stream of folks who will now chime saying that this is obvious...

If you do not have an ARC connection, then you need to modify menu option 51.55.6 and change to 'on bell timeout'. After this, when you trigger the system, the log will look something like this (example set for a zone lockout of two):

FULL SET
+INTRU (first trigger of zone)
-INTRU
REARM
+INTRU (second trigger of zone)
-INTRU
+ FORCE OMIT
REARM
The following user says thank you to socdesign for this useful post:
Chris77 (29 Feb 2012)
 Alert Moderators
Alarm

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 pm Reply with quote

also some who will say your a bit incorrect on rearms.
 Alert Moderators
Chris77

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:47 pm Reply with quote

Many thanks for that. I'll give it a go tomorrow. I don't think it would go down to well with neighbours now!
 Alert Moderators
Chris77

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Hi SD

I reconfigured this morning and worked first time as I wanted it to and you said it would. I then checked the log and it did force omit. It went off the once in the study then not again, I walked into the hall and it triggered again.

It's the first time I've used a forum but I'm always doing DIY and I always get there in the end but it can take a very long time sometimes just from reading through manuals. I didn't expect the solution first attempt. I'm very impressed with your knowledge. Thank you very much.

There was one other problem I had earlier on in the setup that I just left in the end because I wanted to get the thing up and running.

On all test etc. all coms and devices working properly on signal test and walk tests. I have not fitted a GSM Module. I was happy to use the onboard PSTN/Modem. I would have liked it to ring me and text me but if it could only do one easily, text would be fine. I did not want to connnect to an ARC.

When I configured it to ring and text it did ring me once alarm triggered. I set it to in the fail to comm window to 15 seconds so it would ring me once or twice then give up as I wouldn't be sending back a signal. I could never get the texting me function to work at all. Once it had rung me it gave a fail to comm alert on the keypad that I could not get rid of using my user code as a manager or Engineer code I had. The only way I could get rid of it was to reset the whole system. As I say, after a couple of days and about 10/15 different configurations I gave up and deleted my phone number and 4 digit account number I made up. I thought I can always come back to it in the future once all else is working ok which is now!

Any thoughts!

Chris.
 Alert Moderators
socdesign

from United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote

I'll PM you.
 Alert Moderators
Chris77

from United Kingdom

United Kingdom

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:43 pm Reply with quote

ok thanks
 Alert Moderators
Search this topic :: View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DIYnot.com Forum Index > Alarms, CCTV & Telephones All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: