Videx 701 timer - door entry trades

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a videx 701 timer for trades button on door entry system

http://www.gatesandaccessories.co.uk/VIDEX-701T-Timer

It's not working.

1. Power to the timer is present at the timer terminals, the timer display operates correctly, cycles through programmes etc

2. Trades button input has voltage, and trades button on panel has voltage, and continuity when pressed, tested at timer terminals.

3. Lock contacts at timer has voltage and lock operates when C and NO shorted at timer terminals.

But can't hear the relay clicking in and no continuity between relay C and NO terminals when relay should operate. Continuity between C and NC as would be expected. The relay appears not to operate in either 'timer' or 'trade' mode.

Any further tests before concluding the timer unit is internally faulty? Its construction makes it awkward to dissassemble for PCB level testing.

Sponsored Links
No?

Oh well, looks like it's wear a short skirt down the bus station again to try and earn some pennies for a new one.

Has this worked before and recently stopped?

I'm confused should the timer relay short the trades button so it thinks the button is permanently pushed (not recommended) Or is the timer fitted in series to remove power from the lock during the open time (preferred)?

<< I'm confused should the timer relay short the trades button so it thinks the button is permanently pushed (not recommended) Or is the timer fitted in series to remove power from the lock during the open time (preferred)? >>

Neither.

The lock is normally-latched energise-to-release.

The timer operates in either normal or trade mode. In normal mode the timer contacts operate according to the programme settings and would be wired in series with the trades button. In trade mode the timer contacts operate for a defined period (6 secs) when the trade button connected to the input of the timer is pressed during the programmed times. This means the postie doesn't have to hold down the button and push the door simultaneously.

The timer is wired according to Trade Mode here:
http://www.videx-security.com/assets/uploads/Instructions/TC7DInst.pdf

I bought the timer 'as new' from a well known online site very cheaply, so losing the money paid isn't a concern but having to buy a replacement is, as I won't get another at the same price.

Sponsored Links
Videx did a warranty check, the actual problem was low power supply voltage meaning the relay didn't hold in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back