Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Think I overloaded machine and it stopped with an error code which I didn't note at time as it was making a constant hammering sound, so switched it off.
Looked at a few other posts and brushes seem to be mentioned but wondering if its a motor problem due to load!!?
Any ideas people?

Sponsored Links
Did it reset & was it ok with a normal load on the next wash.

Thanks for replying jj4091.
No, not working at all as once load emptied, tried to drain machine using "drain" or "spin" cycles but it just makes the hammering/knocking sound with no actual movement of drum!!

I would check the belts on then the motor brushes.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Rocks1 for that!
Belt seems ok as drum can be moved manually but haven't got to motor and bushes!
I'm not averse to having a go at DIY as have done in past replacing bearings but access to the motor in this machine means lots of work, so before I attempt to strip down the machine, I wanted to find out from you good folks out there if its worth my while as this regular banging sound could spell something more severe than just brushes!

So do you hear a noise when you spin the drum by hand? If not also check filter & drain pump for foreign body.

Thanks jj4091.....it was the pump so needed replacement as it had small nails in it !
Had contacted a recommended local repair man prior to the holiday weekend who managed to call in yesterday!
I know that an equivalent new machine would cost me £300-£400 so think £85 was a fair price to get back to normality!
Appreciate your help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back