Hotpoint FDW60 Dishwasher Problem. What is this part?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My FDW60 Dishwasher stops and flashes two lights just before the drying cycle, Eco & Prewash, this indicates the filters need cleaning. All filters and pipes have been cleaned I have even replaced the drain pump. Still it will not finish a cycle and stops. The lower arm is also not spinning, so I suspect the circulation pump is not pumping water with enough pressure.

Everything has been cleaned and there is nothing stuck in the arms or pipes or pumps, all were stripped down.

It's possible an outlet valve is stuck open but not sure if this model has such an item, can anyone clarify if it does?

What is the part in the attached picture, it's attached to the dishwasher water sump and looks like a solenoid?

Any help appreciated, this is really annoying.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Half load solinoid , check it with a continuity tester see if it's open circuit. Otherwise you will need a circulation pump.

Thanks for the fast response and identifying the part on the photograph.

Do you know if there is any drain valve on this model that may be jammed open, I didn't see anything during the strip down and the circulation pump looks good and appears to push enough water to spin the top arm.

I thought the fault could be caused by a leaking top arm that would reduce the pressure of the water, however it all looks very good. Reluctant to spend more money on this now as it has become a bit of a guessing game.

Thanks.

Check the ring nut at the back of the tub , which the top draw goes into that's poss perished.

Sponsored Links
I know this part well, I have replaced it on numerous occasions before to improve the Upper Spray Arm performance.

The one on the dishwasher is new and so is the seal between the upper spray arm and the basket. I have even checked the little ball that moves around in the upper basket depending on the height setting.

I think it is either a faulty Circulation motor, although it forces enough water to spin the top arm or a faulty control board.

Is the circulation motor controlled by a Triac, I wonder if the output voltage is a little low?

Still not sure why this would cause the Eco and Prewash lights to flash...very confusing.

It's the circulation pump. Done 2 today for same fault. It gets hot and stalls , the error lights are not always right just a guide.

Thanks so much for your advice, I will try and obtain a circulation pump and give it a go. I will post an update as soon as I have confirmed that the new pump has resolved the issue.

I haven't had chance to get a new circulation pump yet but decided to try an experiment.

I opened the door near the end of the final rinse cycle and allowed the machine to cool down for 1 hour. Closed the door and the programme started again, however every soon afterwards the dishwasher stopped and lights Eco and Prewash started flashing again.

I'm not sure what this proves, but the dishwasher stops at exactly the same point everytime I use the Normal programme and the lower spray arm does not appeat to spin.

Will still look for a circulation pump which may solve the lower spray arm problem but I don't know how this would stop the Eco and Prewash lights flashing.

Will keep you posted.

P.S. Found this link with a very similar problem, sadly nothing conclusive.
http://www.justanswer.com/uk-appliance/4blqq-hotpoint-dishwasher-fdw60-eco45-prewash-lights.html

I've been tinkering all day trying to fix my dishwasher

I've had three different sets of lights flashing on the front, currently I've got 3 & 4 flashing which is the only combo not in my instruction manual.

I've checked all of the other threads and done everything, drain/waste pipe is clear, pump is fine, not blocked.

Drained off the standing water.

I've had gurgling and now the machine has stopped mid cycle with some hot water standing in the bottom. Tablet door popped and I thought it was fixed but it's stopped again and not draining or anything.

No idea what to do...

3 and 4 is time out draining. Did u check sink spigot did you take pump apart and check for a small item ie pip / glass etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back