problems with water drainage in dish washer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

We have a AEG 60860 which is coming up with a .20 error, apparently a water drainage issue.

Sure enough there is un-drained water at the bottom.

It mentions check the sink outlet... what is this?

I guess it's blocked somewhere but I don't really know what to check.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
There is a pump and probably some kind of grill or filter on the inlet to the pump.

Check pump is rotating and inlet is clear.

Tony

OP
Sure enough there is un-drained water at the bottom.

Are you sure? Check when machine finishes cycle. And then a while later.

Sponsored Links
Hi there,

There are 2 hoses coming from under the machine, one goes to the sink drainage, I guess this is the drainage.

There is a filter in the bottom I can take this out but I can't really see much else. I can't see anything that rotates or an inlet.

I can't start or finish a cycle, it just stops with that message.

Its also possible the water level sensing tube is blocked.

To access the pump you probably have to lay the machine on its back and do it from underneath.

Perhaps its better to call a repairman?

Tony

A lot of washers have a filter on the front - usually accessed through a little door below the machine door 1/4 turn then pull it out and clean it (have some old towels ready to soak up the water that will spill out).

This fits the fault you described to a T.

Hi there

There is a filter in the bottom I can take this out but I can't really see much else. I can't see anything that rotates or an inlet.

I think we can take it he has checked that.

Still leaves the sensing tube or level switch or even the pcb!

Tony

Another Site said:
Hi there

error code 20 indicates that the reset point of pressostat is not reached after max. 120 secs.

If the machine is still full of water it indicates a blockage or failure of the pump.

If it's empty it indicates a blockage or failure in the pressure switch, pressure tube or pressure chamber.

Maybe try the appliance section of the site?

Thanks all, I'm still struggling with this. The service company want over £160 to fix.

I have just noticed the appliance section here, thanks, I'm going to repost there.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back