Schoolboy error - Hotpoint WF541 wiring help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not a great first post this, but I've browsed these forums for ages and never really needed to ask anything until now.

Trying to replace the pcb on my grandads Hotpoint Aquarius WF541, and in my haste I haven't marked where the wires/wiring blocks go.....Could have cried when I realised. I've worked on PCs, musical instruments, cars, bikes etc. for years and it's the first thing I normally do. When the replacement pcb arrives this week I don't want to rewire it incorrectly.

Anybody got a diagram or a photo? Would really, really appreciate it.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Post a pic of the pcb when you get it and put arrows on the connections and i tell you what wires go where. The white plugs are easy to do.

Here's a pic with numbered arrows. Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. The numbers should be clear when you zoom in.

1 is complete plug white with wires on it. 2 is 3 wires on it from door lock. Goes next to other wires. With no space only at the end of the block. 3 is blue brown. Power 2 wires. 456 is motor plug. 789 nothing 10 valves blue white colour. 11 is consol wire 4 blue or red.

Sponsored Links
Plugged everything back in and nothing happened. No lights whatsoever, doesnt look like any power, on/off switch not doing anything. It all looks like the connectors are nipped in tight. Any ideas?

Here's a couple of phone pics showing both sides of the board, the only connector not shown is the main one at the bottom because I couldnt take the board out to take the pic with that connector in place. Can you see anything wrong with this?

[/img]

The blue and brown in secound pic in the middle of the pcb is the power. It goes to the top left of pic as photo.

Okay thanks. In that case i will have 2 single wires spare, blue and brown single wires that i currently have plugged in top left but you cant really see them on the pic. Where would they go?

Back in the middle plug on pic 2. Just need swapping over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back