Is this a stupid bricklaying question?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Before I make a total idiot by asking this of my Building Control Bod. Is there any way to build an outside skin of bricks with stetchers and half brick headers to make it look like a 9" wall. I realise it would be inherently unstable but wondered if there is an established way around this (I'm imagining some sort of wall tie/mesh arrangement here) and if I am missing something. I am rebuilding a house so it's a new build but am using the old imperial bricks. It seems such a shame to put them all in stretcher bond and lose the original look. Thanks for helping everyone!x C

Sponsored Links
Just crack on and use snap headers (a brick cut in half) thus giving you a faux header.

No, they won't have a fit, and the wall won't be inherently unstable either

Sponsored Links
That means I have a use for the two thousand odd half bricks that are too good to throw away and I will save a hell of a lot of the good full bricks too. Result! :D Thanks very much peeps! X C

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back