Looking for building experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is a bit of an odd one I guess, but here goes. I've got some experience in property renovation - done a few full refurbs and done several wetrooms, bathrooms and kitchens. Also built a garage from scratch and a few other bits n pieces. Ultimately I want to build a full extension on my house but feel it is a bit beyond me at the moment. Do u reckon any builders would let me labour for em, (between working my job) to gain some knowledge and experience? Not looking for pay, just experience but don't know if things like health and safety would prevent it. I work variable shifts and have days off in the week on a regular basis. Also wondering on the best way to approach said builders etc.

Sponsored Links
Somebody, a one man band, might occasionally use you for a dogsbody - digging a trench or filling a skip, or cleaning bricks. But you would be considered a liability on most sites.

No regulated company would entertain you - insurance being one issue, CSCS card being another.

Perhaps go to small local sites, extensions, single house refurb's etc and ask? Keep leaving your details.

As above, i wish you luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back