Looking For experience

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im currently looking to get some in the field experience in the trade, with a qualified and experienced plumber.
I have completed a training course consisting of both theory and practical work and have gained a OCLN certificate in plumbing as well as water regs.
Im well aware that I still have plenty to learn and that experience is essential, and I am determined to make it in the industry.
I have some previous experience as a pipe fitters mate (1 Year) and I also served for 6 years in the Royal Navy as a marine engineer mechanic.
I am 35 years old and live in essex, and am looking for anyone that would be willing to give me a chance to gain the experience that I need.
I will obviously work for free and can assure you that I am hard working and dedicated.
I am also working towards my City and guilds and eventually the NVQ. I am also booking a course for unvented.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Sponsored Links
UnionJack said:
Hi, im currently looking to get some in the field experience in the trade, with a qualified and experienced plumber.
I have completed a training course consisting of both theory and practical work and have gained a OCLN certificate in plumbing as well as water regs.
Im well aware that I still have plenty to learn and that experience is essential, and I am determined to make it in the industry.
I have some previous experience as a pipe fitters mate (1 Year) and I also served for 6 years in the Royal Navy as a marine engineer mechanic.
I am 35 years old and live in essex, and am looking for anyone that would be willing to give me a chance to gain the experience that I need.
I will obviously work for free and can assure you that I am hard working and dedicated.
I am also working towards my City and guilds and eventually the NVQ. I am also booking a course for unvented.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.

safe your time in this dying trade and jump into the home inspection courses, this time next year you will be a millionair so they say.....

UJ - good luck, with your experience and attitude you shouldn't have too much trouble. Jeez, you can even spell :eek: !

B.O.B - I know what you're referring to but haven't noticed any courses - have you seen any yet?

The Gov web site points towards courses and says that 5005 of the 7500 which they think will be required have already qualified.

Thats as I remember it anyway. I would expect that anyone with an RICS will be exempted from most of the learning requirements.

Tony

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
UJ - good luck, with your experience and attitude you shouldn't have too much trouble. Jeez, you can even spell :eek: !

B.O.B - I know what you're referring to but haven't noticed any courses - have you seen any yet?

yes they have already got 4500 trained and they are looking for 7500
been to one of the meetings with sava, there are quite a few at the moment and the places are filling up fast ..............

Agile said:
The Gov web site points towards courses and says that 500 of the 750 which they think will be required have already qualified.

Thats as I remember it anyway. I would expect that anyone with an RICS will be exempted from most of the learning requirements.

Tony

well arghile just to let you know 50% failed the test as they thought they could walk through it

ChrisR said:

Thanks Chris, but im on an unlucky streak at the moment - no takers so far but persistence is the key (I hope).

I think Polski plumber has put an end to Brits retraining. Sad but that's the way it's going.

joe

Not where I live.

BOB DOLE..... go take your attitude elsewhere. This forum helps people, and is not a soap box for dissalusioned (sic) plumbers to put off potentially decent trades people.

Oh, and take note joe 90.

Annoyed with the polski's? Well if you are, do something about it. Ranting on here aint gonna stop them is it. Unless of course they are all registered users on this site!

David

BOB DOLE..... go take your attitude elsewhere. This forum helps people, and is not a soap box for dissalusioned (sic) plumbers to put off potentially decent trades people.

you missed me out

I shall sulk !

Try the IPHE they do a page for people looking for experiance.

also call up some local boys and see if they need a hand in exchange for some experiance.

You should be apples mate, stick at it and you will get there

as for the poles coming over, just ensure that your prices are keen and that you are well trained and you will beat them to jobs, they are no different from the career changers, just another bit of competion, and we are the boys to handle it :)

You`re living in Essex.....well, if you think of a move to Sussex, here`s an old time served fart who would gladly advise on any jobs you got , if you struck out on your own-FOC too ;) Everything including lead, but not CORGI :cry:

try sending your cv off to baxi (heateam) they train people up every now and then, they just took another on in coventry.....

Sponsored Links
Back