Recommendation on paint supplier and specific match

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I need to get my fiancée's flat re-emulsioned where it has got a bit worn over the last 3 years.
The original paint was
With more specific info

I suspect I could take it to B&Q and they could mix something up, but imagine this could work out expensive and prob not the best value/quality?

I estimate we'll probably need 7.5 L

Any suggestions?

Are there trade paint suppliers anyone could recommend that would entertain a DIY customer?

Paint doesn't have to be the same, just something close and good quality will do.
(I had a decorator in my place recently and he used johnstones paints which he said he could get at significantly lower cost than dulux ones.
Unfortunately her flat is about 40 miles away and I don't think he'd be interested in the job).

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Your nearest Dulux Decorator Centre will stock it. Where do you live?

However, I wouldn't bother with that 10x tougher stuff unless she has 10 kids and 3 dogs. Just use Dulux Trade Matt Emulsion. Much better value.

Your nearest Dulux Decorator Centre will stock it. Where do you live?

I live in Manchester - Stockport to be more precise.
The flat is in Chesterfield.
If I have a local one - do they sell to non-trade?

However, I wouldn't bother with that 10x tougher stuff unless she has 10 kids and 3 dogs. Just use Dulux Trade Matt Emulsion. Much better value.

The flat will be rented out - but I suspect will need regular touching up/redecorating anyway, so am thinking this may be the best way to go also.

Sponsored Links
Found the dulux decorator centre in both Stockport and chesterfield. Thanks

Diamond does wash quite well.

Don't get mugged off on the price.

Found the dulux decorator centre in both Stockport and chesterfield. Thanks

Unless you have an account with them, you may find them more expensive that a local independent Dulux Trade supplier.

By way of an example, If I go to Dawes Paints in west London- they will charge me £13 for 1L of tinted Dulux trade gloss. DDC will charge about £17 for the same product, they are approximately 50m away, that said Dawes charge more for the weathershield range that the Dulux Decorator Centre.

It is worthwhile phoning around first (and asking if the prices include VAT).

The flat will be rented out - but I suspect will need regular touching up/redecorating anyway, so am thinking this may be the best way to go also.

It is pretty durable but if anyone uses a scouring pads to remove dirty marks, the area will become shiny. TBH if the property is rental I might consider a cheaper alternative and just expect a quick re-dec between tenants.

Went for the dulux trade vinyl matt emulsion in the end from the DDC

I've not seen the paint applied yet - my better half popped to the chesterfield DDC to buy 5L and has been painting with her parents over the last couple of days.

The feedback is not good :(

Only some walls needed doing, but after two coats over the previous diamond one that was done a couple of years ago, it has dried patchy. The colour is supposed to be the same (natural calico) and is a fairly light one.
She's tried a 3rd coat this afternoon on some of the walls and waiting to hear how it looks tomorrow. I'll see on Sat.
Is it likely the diamond version underneath is causing a problem or is the paint not up to it?
Advice appreciated!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back