Termostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry Guys if this has been covered before but i just wanted some advice. I have and old analogue BG (RS1) i believe its a Drayton and want to replace it with a touch screen programmable thermostat. My understanding is I can set the original programmer set to "on" and I can then use the new thermostat as the main programmer. THe wiring has got me slightly confused as on the old thermostat there is
Red
Blue
yellow
and earth

on the new thermostat there is
L
N
A2
A1

i was told i'd have to loop it ?
not sure how to wire it up. Hope you can help. I can't load the pictures so sorry

i Have a Worcster 9 year old 28cdi combo boiler and a BG UT1 programmer.
I'm sorry again if i have crossed posted but there plumber merchants couldn't help.

Kind regards

David

Sponsored Links
Holmslaw

Was advised this too?? does it make a great deal of difference??

"Red to live,blue to neutral,yellow to A1 & link live to A2,terminat earth wire safely as it isn't used"

thankyou

David

Sponsored Links
You will need to sink a 35mm metal back box into the wall to accept that stat, the earth conductor would be connected to the metal box.

Connected as suggested, the only thing now is that the boiler is bring constantly. If you turn the original programmer to off the whole display disappears (i guess theres no power to it?). In all fact currently it' just a temp display!!!
Any ideas??

Cheers

David

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back