Heating issue

Sponsored Links
It must be wired into the box in your last photos.

The garden twine is a filler string in the centre of the 5 core flex.

ELFI the brown wire can just be seen behind the orange wire.

That last lot of wiring is very poorly installed.

Some times the cylinder is connected using thermo-syphon and you can switch on hot water without central heating but can't switch on central heating without hot water. My dad had this system think it's called W and it was a real pain as boiler would run in cyclic mode all day to maintain hot water and the water was really too hot. I fitted an RF thermostat and a motorised valve to improve this. I was really peeved as after all that work the cold water tank sprung a leak and dad had whole lot ripped out and a combi boiler fitted instead.

It must be wired into the box in your last photos.

The garden twine is a filler string in the centre of the 5 core flex.

ELFI the brown wire can just be seen behind the orange wire.

That last lot of wiring is very poorly installed.
Agreed the wiring is a complete mess, I've uncovered plenty of surprises left for me by the previous owner over the past couple of years.

Sponsored Links
It's not just home owners who do this kind of stuff mate some registered electricians do this and worse.

Just fixed some wiring at my mothers home where a registered electrician joined a new 1 metre length of cable between the consumer unit and first socket on the ring final in a socket back box with blanking plate front using 15A terminal blocks.

What should they have been rated at?

I was more aiming towards the fact he had used chocolate blocks to join one half of the ring final in a 1 metre length between the CU and first socket instead of just going CU to socket (less work as cables currently exposed before plastering refinish and no need for the extra surface mount back box and blanking plate)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back