Zs too high ???

EFL - it could be that the council mans tester is faulty, uncalibrated, he doesn't know how to use it or he doesn't know / understand what the readings should be.

If you have taken a Ze, a Zs and checked the r1r2 then I suspect the fault may be at his end with either his technique, knowledge or equipment.

Sponsored Links
Customer had extension wired by 'less than reputable electrician'
Serves him right.

Inspected by LABC electrician who merely states "Zs too high on sockets".
There were no values stated on his report, perhaps he had a Megger and used no-trip setting and got even higher value.

The highest one was 0.68Ω.
Do not mess around discussing this with the council.

Make a formal complaint directly to the District Auditor about the council subcontracting work to people who are not competent to do it.

Yes - absolutely - I really do mean that.

EFL - it could be that the council mans tester is faulty, uncalibrated, he doesn't know how to use it or he doesn't know / understand what the readings should be.

If you have taken a Ze, a Zs and checked the r1r2 then I suspect the fault may be at his end with either his technique, knowledge or equipment.
Quite.

Customer had extension wired by 'less than reputable electrician'
Serves him right.
Quite again. BC told customer that he was not registered and could not be contacted.

Inspected by LABC electrician who merely states "Zs too high on sockets".
There were no values stated on his report, perhaps he had a Megger and used no-trip setting and got even higher value.

The highest one was 0.68Ω.
Do not mess around discussing this with the council.

Make a formal complaint directly to the District Auditor about the council subcontracting work to people who are not competent to do it.

Yes - absolutely - I really do mean that.
I shall see what lighting IR is tomorrow and decide then.

If it is satisfactory I shall advise customer to reclaim my costs from BC.

Sponsored Links
For anyone who is interested.

The IR on lighting circuit was: L-E 12.54 and N-E 12.76MΩ.

Not perfect but...

I have since thought that perhaps it was the BC who gave the customer insufficient paperwork.
I don't know what else was issued to the BC.

Acceptable readings for existing circuits, presumably with electronics in circuit. I can only assume that the guys needle moved when he did an IR test so condemned it! :rolleyes:

The job sounds like a nightmare anyway with several sparks having a go at it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back