bedroom vinyl wrap doors adhesive failed

Hi, I have been searching for info. regarding this problem because this morning I discovered that all five of my wardrobe doors have shed their skins. Two weeks ago during my pre-Christmas blitz of the bedrooms I gave them wipe over with a damp cloth and didn't notice a problem. This morning I noticed one of the doors had shed its coat and after summoning my OH to the problem he noticed that all the other doors had shed theirs too.
The wardrobes were fitted in August 2005. I have informed the suppliers of my fitted bedroom ( i.e., the wardrobes) and am waiting for them to get back to me.
I would like to know from the original poster, if he is still around, what he found out about the adhesive failure and what happened about repairing or replacing the doors.
I would also like to know from the poster 'joinerjohn' where these doors can be re-laminated.
Thank you in advancefor any replies.

Sponsored Links
This is slightly worrying. My first wife wants new fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms, and it's going to work out quite expensive. I hope they last more than 10 years.

This is slightly worrying. My first wife wants new fitted wardrobes in both bedrooms, and it's going to work out quite expensive. I hope they last more than 10 years.

Get mirrored glass ones and they won't delaminate.

Then again, do you fancy seeing yourself butt naked first thing in the morning! :eek:

You claim is against the supplier, the manufacturers problems are theirs to deal with.

Sponsored Links

Get mirrored glass ones and they won't delaminate.

Then again, do you fancy seeing yourself butt naked first thing in the morning! :eek:

Some of them will be mirrored. I'll have to check on the length of the warranty, although the firm we'll be using come highly recommended.

I'm very short-sighted, so no worries about seeing myself in my birthday suit first thing. Same goes for seeing my first wife!

This sounds like an adhesive failure over time and nothing to due with temperature or moisture/dampness. Even though the doors are out of warranty it is worth contacting the manufacturer.

A friend recently had the same issue, with their kitchen purchased and installed by a well known company exactly 5 years ago to the month. It was a high gloss in vinyl wrap with a slab door design. Sadly they came back from the Christmas hols to find that two off the vinyl covers had completely lifted off 2 doors and one was lying on the floor…Not good!

However after informing the company, plus taking the door to them, they put it down to adhesive failure and have honoured the warranty and sent the 2 x replacement doors.

Moral to the story; it's worth contacting the manufacturer even if its out or warranty.

Back