Yay, I love global warming

Evidence that you have provided is not sanctioned by those who decide it is proven. If these snippets were conclusive don't you think they would make a noise. Figures quoted for pop growth, no good singling out Japan or any other nation. World growth is the only figure and humans will continually breed , history proves that. What reason is given for this 'world' drop in pop. Nuclear has had a long test run ,there has to be a better way and being confined by conventional thinkers ain't going to solve it. Further, attempting to undermine my position with poor evidence is worse than none. It is a good thing to question their 'creds' . You would be surprised how much so-called evidence is not admissible in courts. In addition if you intend to use links to support your claim it is advisable to read the first line ,first 'not conclusive' lol. Any logical person could not possible think that after 100ish years of oil use we have pumped more CO2 than all the volcanos in 4 billion years , and we have caused global warming , please

Sponsored Links
You're all wrong.

I think it's all down to cows farting.

Evidence that you have provided is not sanctioned by those who decide it is proven. If these snippets were conclusive don't you think they would make a noise. Figures quoted for pop growth, no good singling out Japan or any other nation. World growth is the only figure and humans will continually breed , history proves that.
Japan is but one example. Are birth rates going up or down or staying the same for world wide birth rates? They are going down.

What reason is given for this 'world' drop in pop.
Already said. Economic growth is another way of saying it. But we have better technology, better living conditions and better contraception now than at any point in history.

Nuclear has had a long test run ,there has to be a better way and being confined by conventional thinkers ain't going to solve it.
The opposition to nuclear energy is based upon fear. And nothing else.
Further, attempting to undermine my position with poor evidence is worse than none. It is a good thing to question their 'creds' .
You have yet to undermine anything I have said. All you have done is post single paragraphs of un-informed opinion.
You would be surprised how much so-called evidence is not admissible in courts.
Science is far more likely to get to a truth than a court of law, as the latter routinely omits key bits of evidence.

In addition if you intend to use links to support your claim it is advisable to read the first line ,first 'not conclusive' lol. Any logical person could not possible think that after 100ish years of oil use we have pumped more CO2 than all the volcanos in 4 billion years , and we have caused global warming , please
Chalk, meet cheese. Cheese, this is chalk.

Sponsored Links
forgot to add the other ozone layer busting chemicals volcanos pump out and the way they react with sunlight. Nuclear is dangerous that leaves waste that remains dangerous for a very long time, no myth. Picking bits is done by a bit picker Those types who are bad at this art, use evidence which appears to have credence However, if this evidence under scrutiny fails to be recognised by the experts it is nothing. I make statements I leave it for others to check it out . There is no need to undermine you, you have no cause. Let me remind you. You have supplied no evidence to support that humans have made more CO2 than volcanos. In a link of yours to support your claim , the heading stated that they could not prove this. One should try reading a bit first, lol.

Nuclear is dangerous that leaves waste that remains dangerous for a very long time, no myth.

I've lost count of the number of times on this site that I've supported nuclear power, but here goes again.

Nuclear is very safe, when the appropriate safety measures are in place. In this country, at least, they have been ever since we began using nuclear power although, to be honest, I'm not sure how effective they will be if China builds our future plants.

As for 'dangerous waste', we have many disused deep coal mine shafts in this country, that extend well below the water table, and which could be used in which to deposit waste nuclear material. It could be left there, not only for the dangerous life of the waste, but for ever. What harm can it do?

In any case, there is no viable option for power generation on the large scale needed. These silly windmills are ridiculously ineffective and other 'green' power generation methods not much better. Fossil fuels are still a practical option, but some people are under the delusion that they are destroying the Earth.

Nuclear is the only way forward until something better (fusion?) is developed, whether we build our own resources or buy our electricity (and pay through the nose for it) from France.

yes I know of and agree deep mines are a good place to store .However, why have that problem at all?. Can anyone guarantee that the things won't leak ?

yes I know of and agree deep mines are a good place to store .However, why have that problem at all?. Can anyone guarantee that the things won't leak ?

Well, they're not just chucked down a mine shaft (which they're not) and forgotten, it's well monitored, plus you have to bear in mind this radioactive material isn't made, just concentrated.

Perhaps the mid term answer is thorium reactors?

Yes, I'm aware of the thorium reactor programmes. As I understand it, there are several advantages over uranium but more research and development remains to be done. In the longer term, however, it looks very attractive.

If they did leak, where would the contents go?

It's not as if they are dumped in the ocean, where currents could conceivably carry the contents to where they are not wanted. And as Eddie has said, these things would be monitored anyway.

radipactive waste is vitrified into glass blocks and stored in geologically stable and monitored deep bore holes.

It's not as if they are dumped in the ocean, where currents could conceivably carry the contents to where they are not wanted. And as Eddie has said, these things would be monitored anyway.

The drums in the ponds at Sellafield are leaking.

The drums in the ponds at Sellafield are leaking.

I'm talking about half a mile or more underground. If there was any leakage, it would sink further into the Earth. Also, the drums you mention are, as I understand it, temporary storage of low level radiation waste. As Eddie said, permanent storage is in solid glass which is not going to leak anyway.

There is also the matter of lack of understanding, or even awareness, of natural ionising radiation. No-one seems to worry about Cosmic rays, radon gas or granite in Cornwall or Aberdeen. We've managed to live with these since people were first evolved/created!

Sponsored Links
Back