How can i join back together ceramic coal? (inset gas fire)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wondering if anyone can help me save £120, i accidentally broke a chunk from my ceramic coal base slab (bit which is placed at the bottom of an inset gas fire)

I still have the broken-off piece and was trying to find some way of joining he 2 back together, obviously typical glue would be dangerous as it would start to release toxic fumes under high temperature, and most other products wouldn't be suitable because of the temperature.

Can anyone suggest a fix? thanks.

Sponsored Links
Have a look at the high temperature glue, loads of difference glue type for certain materials

Have a look at the high temperature glue, loads of difference glue type for certain materials

Hello, thanks for the reply, from what ive found on the net even some of the fire proof glues eventually become unsuitable after hours of intense heat.

Sponsored Links
Looking at the description this stuff looks good, the reviews are poor but i might just give it a try.

Did anything make you suggest this product in particular?, on the same page in the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section theirs alot of well reviewed KOS named products of a similar description.

Thanks

http://www.devcon.com/
Try here, once given a tub of metal adhesive, glued a blown car exhaust with it hoping to get me home, repair lasted over 6months before another section of exhaust blew.

Looking at the description this stuff looks good, the reviews are poor but i might just give it a try.

Did anything make you suggest this product in particular?, on the same page in the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section theirs alot of well reviewed KOS named products of a similar description.

Thanks

no mate, I just saw your problem, googled it and came up with that, so can't recommend it I'm afraid.

Can you put a screw through it all and blacken the end?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back