Advice need on fitting magnabooster filter to glow-worm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a glow-worm space saver boiler and I can't work out which is the return pipe from the pumped heating system and more importantly I need to know the flow direction as my magnabooster aint' gonna work if fitted wrong way round.

There are 4 pipes comming out of the boiler - 2 on lhs and 2 on rhs; one I can identify as the feed to CHS as it has a pump attached but not sure about others - 2 must be feed and return to gravity domestic hot water system.

Is there any way I can identify the pipe I need to attach the filter to and determine flow direction?

Have uploaded 2 pics of the boiler

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Normally on a set up like yours the pump is on the ch return and pumps into the boiler, into the bottom tapping. The upstairs and ground floor returns are commoned at the tee just before the pump. Check the body of the pump for the arrow which indicates the flow direction. The pipes on the rhs are the gravity flow and return from the hw cylinder. They look like 28mm and the heating pipes are 22mm. You should fit the filter (space permitting) just before the pump. Good luck with that as it looks a bit tight.

Cheers for the reply.

Yes the arrow on the pump is pointing up the way to the boiler.

Yes it is tight fitting where you suggested (anywhere else I could put it?) but according to magnabooster instructions I only need to cut-out 68mm pipe - it will just possibly fit on (118mm between end of raised bits on t-pieces) with a little bit of judicious bending of the pipes.

All the pipes are 22mm.

cheers

Sponsored Links
its a space saver its finished don't upgrade the sytemuntill you relace the boiler!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back