Amateur muppet ruined radiator bleeding...now rad cold Helpp

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, some advice would be greatly appreciated. The following is a result of me, being a tosser :( I "attempted" to bleed a radiator yesterday. All was going fine, i unscrewed the bleed vale a bit until air was slowly coming out....perfect....until I decided to unscrew some more. You can guess what happens next water flying everywhere and because the screw had disappeared I had to stop the main supply to the rad. Now my question is...after i found the bleed screw, somehow sitting on my decking in the garden, i put it back into the bleed valve and turned the water supply to the rad a bit. Are there any steps I have missed as i turned the heating back on and every other rad was warm apart from the "one"....help!!

Sponsored Links
Make sure both the rad valves are open. Have you re-bled the rad since turning it back on? Have you got a TRV on the rad? Is the TRV stuck closed.... remove the head and bounce the pin up and down to release it.

The TRV if fitted is the most probable cause

• thanks for the reply, ive opened up the bleed valve and water just comes out like it did after the air had been released the first time i messed it up, and there is a valve on the right that when turned clockwise shuts the rad off and when turned anti clockwise turns the rad back on :) i really am an amateur its amazing how dumb I'am with stuff like this

Sponsored Links
right ive turned the heating on now and im going to leave it for a bit to see if the rad warms up!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back