Glow Worm Compact 100E Leaking Heat Exchanger Gasket Help.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a leak from the bottom left hand side of the plate heat exchanger.
I suspect the sealing gasket has failed. When the mains water supply is turned off the leak stops. Looking at the service manual the heat exchanger is secured by just two screws.
Is it a dificult job to remove the unit and replace the four gaskets.
And can the gaskets be purchased seperately, I havent had any luck finding them as a seperate item.
Help appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
I'm all alone with this one.
Just thought I would give some feed back.
The job turned out to be quite easy to complete.
Isolated the electrical supply,and the mains water supply, partially drained down the system to empty the boiler.
Removed the two Torx head securing screws securing the heat exchanger they were tight but not seized. The plate heat exchanger can now be removed.
I had a space of about 5" between the left hand side of the boiler and the cupboard wall,after removing the boiler side panel,the heat exchanger could easily be removed.
I replaced the four rubber sealing gaskets with new.
The old gaskets where hard and brittle causing the leak problem.Repressurised the system,and no leaks.
Cheers.

Hi. Think my heat exchanger needs descaling. Your post is very reassuring about getting it out but I'm trying to track down the part number for these seals and wondered if you could tell me where you found it please? I've come across some seals online - 2000801949 - but can't find anything that says these fit a compact 100e - only some other glowworm boilers...

Alan

Hi Alan
I also found it difficult to find the part number.
I managed to purchase the four rubber gasket seals at Partscenter.
They have the correct part number on their system, unfortunately I didn't keep a record of the part number.
Hope this helps
Cheers Gary.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Gary - yes it does hugely. On their site I found it straight away - S801216 for anybodyelse interested. Expensive for what they are but much cheaper than a new exchanger. Thanks again, you've saved me a considerable amount of hassle and cash!
Alan

Hi Alan
Thanks for your reply.
Happy to hear the replacement parts are sorted.
Good Luck. Gary.

Lexx, many thanks for giving me the answer to my fault, and giving me the confidence to carry out the repair. Four new washers, leak stopped. Job done. Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back