Heat from oven on gas pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm installing a second hand Bosch HBN 131250 electric oven in my kitchen. I'm housing it in a standard B&Q 600m under oven housing unit. Unfortunately I have now realised that when it is in position its rear ventilation slots will be directly in front of a copper gas pipe that runs along the back of the units. I'm not sure how much heat the oven vents, but is there any danger to the gas pipe from this.

Sponsored Links
Should be safe enough as long as the gas pipe does not leak.

Should be safe enough as long as the gas pipe does not leak.

Thats a great reply, I would risk my life on a should be ok were a gas pipe is in question, You need to look at the manufacturers instructions and if you are still in doubt get a GSI around to check it out, why risk it for the sake of at the most £75

Sponsored Links
I've got a gas engineer coming to do something else this week so I'll run it past him and get him to divert the pipe if needed.

Does the oven touch it?
It will be a good earth bond if it does! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back