Help! Unknown boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I viewed a property with a view to purchasing yesterday. The boiler was a floorstanding potterton kingfisher. There is no mains gas to the property that I can see, and I am not a heating engineer by a long stretch.

If I was to purchase the property (already looked into mains gas, it can be done at a fair price) what sort of cost am I looking at to upgrade to a combi, i assume all new rads are needed, the amount of pipework etc in the place it looks like the tat man would have a field day?

4 bed terraced property.

is there other associated work (apart from redecoration) that I need to allow for?

How is it powered at the moment? Leccy? Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If a gas boiler is fitted then it would be normal to expect there has been a gas supply.

To convert to a new combi then about 1800 pounds with a reasonable make like Intergas. Less for a cheap boiler.

Unless the rads are too dated then they dont need to be replaced but if they do then about 150 pounds each to use the existing pipework.

To replace all the pipework then perhaps about 400 extra if the rads are being changed.

Tony

Thanks Tony very helpful

I take it you mean 400 on top for all the pipework to be replaced (it will have to be).

my next step is to get a heating engineer to walk round obviously!

Cheers

If a gas boiler is fitted then it would be normal to expect there has been a gas supply.

To convert to a new combi then about 1800 pounds with a reasonable make like Intergas. Less for a cheap boiler.

Unless the rads are too dated then they dont need to be replaced but if they do then about 150 pounds each to use the existing pipework.

To replace all the pipework then perhaps about 400 extra if the rads are being changed.

Tony

Re pipe a 4 bed terraced house for £400.00 ??

Have you been on the Vino?

The last one I did needed, 35m 22mm Tx & 60m 15mm Tx + fittings and rad valves

Sponsored Links
They work quite cheaply in Brum.

They even advertise a new combi and seven rads from 1750 pounds in Cov. I was being more realistic.

But that was based on all new rads with valves being charged for seperately. The budgetary price I had set for the rads was a bit on the high side for Brum.

Tony

Tony

What drugs you taking ............ £1800 to covert from conventional to combi ... love to see what land mark you dump your rubbish at
Poor blokes going to be getting about 20 people quoting to find even one near that price

Boiler
Flue
Magnaclean
wireless programmable room stat
new gas main as only 15mm to old boiler
pipework
condense
chemicals
labour
rubbish clearance .. Unless your one of those that leaves the tanks in the loft
Far chance that it will have asbestos flue if floor standing Kingfisher
etc etc

Ignore that price if you want it done so that it lasts

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back