Ideal Isar HE 24 not firing up , no heating no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my dad has an ideal he24 and a few months ago the itimer programmer (lcd display) on the boiler suddenly went blank an showed no display, now the boiler when turned on is just making a humming noise its just will not ignite or fire up, any ideas on the display? and the boiler itself? thanks

Sponsored Links
New pcb & possibly a fan as this can blow the pcb but its a gas reg job

Sponsored Links
If you dont want to replace it now then then a fixed price repair by Ideal or poss Brit Gas will probably be the best option.

Tony

Hi I am gas reg but not experienced in fixing boilers I was looking maybe towards the spark generator and ignition electrode, but you think maybe fan and pcb

Ask in the combustion chamber then, in all honesty bin the piece of crap the cost of pcbs and fans on these are expensive dont waste money im sure u could get a good price on a new boiler and it wont cost anything for u to change the boiler.

Hi I am gas reg but not experienced in fixing boilers I was looking maybe towards the spark generator and ignition electrode, but you think maybe fan and pcb

We dont give advice on these topics on this open forum.

But in the Combustion Chamber we can tell you anything gas related.

Tony

Cheers just to let you know i changed the pcb, spark generator and ignition electrode and it fired up working the screen was fixed with the pcb change, looks like it was caused by a leak from the aav with the cap not being on so will have to get a new one of them too. Thanks for your help

Just register for the CC so that we can give you advice across the full spectrum of possible causes!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back