HE24 (isar) fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening people,

Help!
I'm a bit stuck!
I have an ideal isar he24 combi boiler, a while ago the display went to a ( - ) then dissappeared altogether, system still works, if anything it works to well i.e water really hot and rads really hot. replaced the display, have now got a ( - ) again but this time it has a dot at its side ( -. ) system still works, but the display isn't changing. Oh and the burner light doesn't come on. Two questions :-
Is this going to be expensive?
Did i waste my time with the display?

Please any advise will be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
The - is usually indicative of the pcb faulting and needs replacing :cry:

Cheers for the good news gas4you, are they expensive?
work on cars and PCB normally mean expense.
I'm right aren't i, tell me don't leave me hanging!! :cry:

IF it is the pcb the cheapest way to replace is DIY, about £170-£200 for a pcb, depending where you source it from. Whatever you do, make sure you get a genuine brand new one

Next cheapest way is a fixed price Ideal repair @ £220 all in ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks Dave,

Appreciate the help, i take it its just a plug in and play jobby, do i need to set it up or anything. :confused:

Martin

All you have to do is fit the jumpers in the correct position. Either fit the same as the old one, or follow the instructions that come with the new one.

Be aware though that the HE series has a different board to the older M series, so if you think it is the board, make sure you tell them which one you need.

the easiest way to tell the difference between the isar (or 'eye-sore') boards is that the older series dont have the connection on the bottom for the electrode lead and earth. a cheaper alternative to the Ideal call out would be a british gas one-off breakdown charge, which i think is around £150.

Cheeers ddk,

got the trusted manual, it gives you the part number in it!!

pressume its the part number and not the price :LOL:

Martin

It starts off as the part number, but after a few years of Ideal boiler ownership, it turns into the total cost of repairing it :eek: :LOL:

is the boiler still working?is it an isar? is the code a dash with a dot?

Just out of interest what would be the consequences of not doing this right

away, not that i'm going to leave it indefinatly, just end of the month /

payday. Not going to do any damage is it?, i think the user settings are

increasing the temp to maximum! :confused:

idealnumber1,

Thats it, you got it, bang on. Your now about to tell me to press a button

and its sorted!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back