HE24 (isar) fault

I agree with idealnumber1 - when - comes up it means UCD (user control display) has lost comms with pcb - now this usually is either purple wires of the housing that the UCD sits in, and is NOT normally a pcb fault - always look and see if housing has any signs of water in there, and if you change the UCD, change the housing and purple wires as well.

Sponsored Links

have already replaced the user display, the purple wires had indeed

corroded, these were replaced along with the display, noticed the display

has gone blank this morning, all the heating and hot water functions ok,

is it possible the PCB is blowing the control panel, by all of your posts

about this i think i have a PCB fault!

Cheers Martin

Hi Martin,

If the user display and comms lead has been replaced then there is no reason why the display should not work as it is basically told what to do by the main PCB. (very basic analagy before any1 jumps at me!).

With both of those replaced it stands to reason that the PCB is at fault and not delivering the required information to display unit.

These are a common replacement part on these due to an ongoing fault on older boilers but which has now been rectified with the introduction of new PCB's.

Depending on which you have (there will be a space for a spark electrode on the front of the PCB which would require the black PCB, if there is no space for electrode on the front then it will be an orange PCB)

I keep the blacks in stock as a matter of course now if you require one.

Jon

don't be going and buying a new pcb,turn the power off,undo the screw on the control unit and check inside for any moisture/corrosion,the pcb is doing it's job the boiler is giving you heating and hot water isn't it?

Sponsored Links
Everyone who helped,

A big thankyou to everyones input over the last couple of days, new PCB

fitted and all working as it should.

Cheers :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back