maximum pressure drop on old pipework

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi went to do a tightness test today, the drop was 0-8 mb on old pipework on a u6 metre what's the maximum drop?

Sponsored Links
Is this a wind up? Anyone carrying out tightness testing should have this info at their fingertips.

Sponsored Links
Should this not be a question asked of pro`s in the CC
oH yeah it was and for what should be first month apprenticeship stuff people where getting the most basic of questions wrong just as well its a closed forum :rolleyes:

Should this not be a question asked of pro`s in the CC
oH yeah it was and for what should be first month apprenticeship stuff people where getting the most basic of questions wrong just as well its a closed forum :rolleyes:

:LOL: :LOL:

You obviously made a comment Namsag.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: .

Cant help it but namsag yous have abviously seen this in cc someone somewere knows who you are!
even still i can't beleive it was asked openly and then closed :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Taught many an apprentice over the years and have no problem explaining the job to anyone .
BUT to get into the CC you must have at least core which all should be second nature to you because it is being used everyday on just about every job .
So questions like this should never be asked by pros and even when people where stating there disbelief others where still coming on with the wrong answers.

I notice there is a topic on group discount purchases for a magnetic filter i think .
Perhaps it would be far better to have a discount on buying the books that people should refer to if they are out there working with peoples lives in their hands if they dont have the mental capacity to store such everyday info.

Belli did ye no know i um meant tae be hauf a dozen people in the CC ;)

Hey Namsag , you got any guidance on terminal position directly opposite an openable window. ;) , or have you already posted? :LOL:

Gazwiz
Fanned flue terminal should be at least 2 metres from any opening in a building directly opposite.
As for that one in the CC its one of those the gsr give different answers to depening on who you speak to.

I have always understood the minimum distance as used by BC and EHOs to be 2.4m

Practically that 2.4 m has to be over land in your ownership as you cannot make noxious discharges over land belonging to others.

Ton y

Agile perhaps you are mixing the 2.4 m up because the building opposite at 2metres can be on the owners own land and not on someone elses

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back