no central heating after draining and refilling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a powermax 155x (vented)

I installed some TRV's to some downstairs rads today. Drained the system and installed them, all seemed great. Refilled the system and bled all rads.

Tried to turn the CH on and it didnt work. The light is on on the programmer, the CH pipe to the pump is hot (to and after the pump) and I can still get hot water by turing the HW to constant. I cant get it using the programmer on its own.

I hope its not the programmer thats shot as i replaced it around 18 months ago. But surely draining the system wouldnt affect this?

The thermostat light will not come on downstairs. It clicks, but no light. As it clicks i am guessing its still working.

Any advice would be really helpful, as I am totally stuck. I am sure its something fairly simple that i have or havent done.

Sponsored Links
There is a cold start stat that prevents the ch working until the stored water temp gets to approx 65 deg C.

Its not that, the water has heated up sufficiently.

could an airlock prevent the light from coming on on the thermostat?

Sponsored Links
What programmer is it?

Typically it would be bypassed by switching the power off, removing the programmer from the backplate and installing a wire link between live and the CH ON terminal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back