no hot water from my thermostatic tap shower mixer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Really need some help. I have no idea what I'm doing but will try and fix anything myself. I have just fitted a thermostatic tap shower mixer (vbs004)...I'm struggling to get hot water. Works fine everywhere else in the house. Managed to get hot water for about 5mins (not sure how). I do not have a combi boiler but a water tank....could this Be the problem? Or do I need to change the pressure of my cold water/hot water?

Thanks[code:1][/code:1]

Sponsored Links
On your type of system you need to take Independant feeds for the hot and cold supply's from the hot water cylinder for the hot and from the CWSC for the cold supply otherwise the mains cold will overpower the hot because you do not have equal pressures. Consulting the instructions will tell you.

Thanks for the reply

The main problem ihave is there isn't any instructions...plus I am clueless but think I can do anything :-s

So very blonde question...how will I know if i have independent hot and cold?

Thanks again

One way of telling would be to turn the cold on on its own it will be alot more powerful than the hot on its own.The hot supply should be on its own feed from the hot water cylinder connected to the top of the cylinder by what is known as a Surrey flange this way it won't be influenced by any other hot water taps being turned on. The cold supply should be taken from the cold water tank that supply's the hot water cylinder, the connection should be made at a lower position than the connection for the hot water cylinder this way the hot water will run out before the cold in the event that the CWSC ball valve was to fail avoiding anyone being scolded.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply,

Think I've figured it out...whoever fitted the bathroom suite has plumbed in the hot and cold water the wrong way round....I assume this is the cause of my problem and just need to switch the pipes round....

Thanks

Are you saying that the bath and basin taps are plumbed cold-left, hot-right?

Hi,

Yes the cold is on the left and the hot on the right...doh!!! Never occured to me that they would have been put in the wrong way round lol

Thanks for your help :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back