Sudden drop in water pressure for gravity fed shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I like to think I can turn my hand to most things but this has me stumped.

About two weeks ago the water pressure in our gravity fed shower reduced considerably. I had a look in the loft and both water tanks are topped up.

We don't have a pump so to isn't that and I've replaced the shower head and hose. Water pressure elsewhere in the house is fine as is the central heating. As far as I'm aware nothing has been 'fiddled' with.

Could it be a blockage somewhere? I don't think its an airlock but guess it could be.

I may remove the shower and give it a clean, could something have failed here? Is it easily done? What about cutting off the water supply from the hot/cold water tanks? Any help here would be appreciated and I know my girlfriend would be happy ;) Thanks

Sponsored Links
If the shower has a dedicated cold feed from the cwsc, then check this for restriction inside the cwsc. Could be some scale just restricting the outlet.

Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back