Timescale for central heating install

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How long would it take for a decent team to install gas central heating into a 2 bed bungalow

Sponsored Links
Approx 6 radiators on the wall. One day for one person.
Piping up depending on construction and layout approx 2 days.
Boiler on wall 1 to 2 days.

Run up and fix any leaks approx 0.5 day.

All for one person.

Approx 6 radiators on the wall. One day for one person.
Piping up depending on construction and layout approx 2 days.
Boiler on wall 1 to 2 days.

Run up and fix any leaks approx 0.5 day.

All for one person.

??

A quick team will be 1 day all in!

(But I won't be in it!

2 days for a 2 man team doing a good job. 4-5 days for one man. I'd expect to have it up and running day 3 and just making good and flushing day 4.

Sponsored Links
2 days for a 2 man team doing a good job. 4-5 days for one man. I'd expect to have it up and running day 3 and just making good and flushing day 4.
That`s a combi with no F+E tank and a diamond drill for the flue - You`ve made my day , I used to hang cast iron Ideals and fit the 1foot square balanced flue through a hole I cut with hammer and chisel , and do the install , in similar time allowing for the extra graft - and houses full of furniture :evil: . I always thought I was slow :oops: Didn`t have to be CORGI then

How long would it take for a decent team to install gas central heating into a 2 bed bungalow

We have squads of two men, they'll do 6 radiators & a combi boiler in one day. Which is about normal for contractors in the UK.

Of course it can be a long day depending on the job & our lads don't hang around as they're on piece work.

It depends hugely on the bungalow and what's there already, but...
2 man-days would be the minimum, but the materials would all have to be pre-delivered, no delays with awkward old boiler removal, no gas pipes to be run under laminate floors, etc etc etc etc.
There's nearly always something to be bricked up, got round or sorted out which takes extra time.
Often the hit-squads who do 4-5 flats a week end up cutting corners and are't kind to your floorboards, joists, walls, ceilings, or something somewhere along the way.
Allowances for full commissioning, cleaning and balancing get squashed too.
A fit one-man-band would usually take about 4 days to do your 2-bed with some preparation, paperwork and "incidentals". Don't forget the time to quote and for your job and the jobs he didn't get.

We have squads of two men, they'll do 6 radiators & a combi boiler in one day. Which is about normal for contractors in the UK.

That's quick Dick, do they come back the next day to do the pipework? :LOL:
It'd take me a week on my own, but I do have the odd ciggy break, every ten minutes.

It depends hugely on the bungalow and what's there already, but...
2 man-days would be the minimum, but the materials would all have to be pre-delivered, no delays with awkward old boiler removal, no gas pipes to be run under laminate floors, etc etc etc etc.
There's nearly always something to be bricked up, got round or sorted out which takes extra time.
Often the hit-squads who do 4-5 flats a week end up cutting corners and are't kind to your floorboards, joists, walls, ceilings, or something somewhere along the way.
Allowances for full commissioning, cleaning and balancing get squashed too.
A fit one-man-band would usually take about 4 days to do your 2-bed with some preparation, paperwork and "incidentals". Don't forget the time to quote and for your job and the jobs he didn't get.

How can you say all that Chris, have you ever been involved in contracts like that, where there's HA COWs inspecting the work daily??

At least you are speaking as being in the UK !

As opposed to those idiots who think that Scotland can exist as a country hived off from the rest and keeping the oil but missing out on the national expenditures such as defence etc.

3 men y plan , one day rip everything out all new back in
3 men combi system finished by 3pm all out all in
1 man 2 & half days y plan (same )
1 man 2 days combi system (same )

At least you are speaking as being in the UK !

As opposed to those idiots who think that Scotland can exist as a country hived off from the rest and keeping the oil but missing out on the national expenditures such as defence etc.

Ach don't listen to the Porage W.gs Tony!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back