Vaillant Eco-Tec+ 824 F75 Fault.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I have this F75 problem, so far replaced pressure valve and have in my Mitt a Water Pressure Sensor. Ha! Ha! I hear you all, Yes I tried removing it carefully and got a face full of Water plus inhibitor. Please can anyone help? The water pressure was up and down like a YoYo, Im not so sure it is the Sensor but as I have a genuine replacement might as well fit it without getting a soaking What do I do other than turn all the water off.Sorted I have read the manual 3 times and there is nothing to show the removal or installation of the sensor. I am not an idiot as someone seems to think? I as that person to pick up or read the online version of the Vaillant Manual and then apologise.
I logically thought out this situation, removed the option of a soaking by draining the system completely and installing the little blighter plus inhibitor.
Good luck all of you who use this site As my 1st request was treated with contempt. You know who you are!

Sponsored Links
If the original is pink and the replacement is black then they are less prone to problems.

But on that boiler the front case is the outer combustion chamber cover and we do not recommend that any DIYer removes it!

A job for an RGI

Tony

Sponsored Links
I've just had the F75 fault on my Ecotec 28. It was failing to fire up on demand although the pressures on the gauges were good I found it needed a few seconds 'boost' via the filling loop to coax it into action.

This gradually worsened until it needed boosting almost to the red sector on the gauge before it would work - then on running the pressure would rise into the red sector.

After an initial 'look' at the pressure sensor switch during which I got a bit damp I decided to risk £26 at Plumb Centre and change it.

The manual doesn't give any indication that I could find about how to drain the boiler itself so I isolated the c/h and input valves and operated the pressure relief device via the little tag.

That dropped the pressure to zero so I pinged the little 'U' clip out and removed the sensor. Teased the wiring plug out with a tiny screwdriver, pushed the new switch in and replaced the clip and wiring plug. Opened the valves and set the pressure and fired it up (I'd already done the suggested checks on the expansion vessel and that looked sound).

Bingo, back to auto heating and toasty radiator socks in the morning :)

Fantastic, now go and order a new prv for when the one fitted starts dripping! ;)

It's being monitored :)

A little tap labelled 'boiler drain' wouldn't be beyond the whit of the makers surely?

It's there, right underneath on the brass boiler tails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back