Vaillant Ecotec Plus 831 S30 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have an Ecotec PLus 831 and on Sunday afternoon the heating stopped working. The Info display shows S30 - No Demand for Heating from the external source. The wireless stat is a Honeywell CM927, we changed batteries but this made no difference.

The hot water is running fine. If I push the +/- buttons on the boiler I get 15 minutes of heating.

We called out a plumber (Gas Safe) who came the next afternoon. In the meantime it had started working again and continued to do so when he tested and retested it. He did check wiring on the reciever and each time he turned the heating on via the thermostat the heating came on (rad symbol on boiler and hot radiators!) The boiler also went through all the S codes correctly which he said suggested it was all working fine, i.e. pump ok.

It then stopped working again after he left before coming on again this morning and staying on all day till about 7pm tonight.

Has anyone had a similar problem? The boiler is 2 years and 4 mths old and we've had no problems up till now.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a wireless communication issue to me, possibly some other electronic device in your house is affecting it (although it shouldn't...) or something's blocking the signal in some other way.

Thanks for the quick response.

Is there any way we can confirm this? We've tried moving the roomstat around the house and taken it into the loft where the boiler and wireless receiver are sited.

Could something have permantly messed up the wireless connection
?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back