worcester 240 with blank display

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Merry Christmas all,

I know my bolier is as old as the hills but I have a problem that started last night and I am hoping that some kind soul out there has the answer I am looking for.

Basically I had a power cut yesterday that lasted about 12 hours, the power came and went intermittently during that time, when the poer was finally restored I set about resetting the various clocks around the house, when I got to the boiler the display is blank and only the hot water is working, I have been unable to find a post that relates to this so any help would be greatly apperiated. I freezing BRRRR lol.

Cheers

Steve.

Sponsored Links
The integral clock is now broke. But I guess you already knew that!

It's highly unlikely that it can be repaired so It'll need to be replaced. You don't have to get a like-for-like clock, an external timer or programmable room stat will do.

The knackered clock can be bypassed for the time being and it's not a bad job for a competent DIYer.

You will need a multimeter to confirm the electrics are dead before messing about with them though.

Thanks Andy,

I fit a lot of solar so the electrical side of my boiler isn't completly a dark art to me, will any external timer do mate? preferably one I can pick up tomorrow:cool:

Cheers
Steve.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Andy,

I used the horstmann c17 and all is now working fine. your help was much appreciated mate.

Cheers
Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back