EPDM Installation Guide - 2 Part Gutter Installation

R

RWDave

For the EPDM installers on here, something some people may wonder is "How to finish a gutter edge"

Ive compiled this "How To?" I hope it helps.

Gutter Edges

When fitting the 2 part gutter trim, it may be preferable to install the trim gutter edge backplate before the membrane is adhered to the deck, as shown below.

Use 40mm self-tapping fixings into the recess of the backplate and set out at 300 - 500mm intervals.

Start the fixings whilst the trim is on the roof deck, as this will make attachment easier if by yourself.

gutter1.png

Make sure that the top of the backplate is flush with the surface of the roof deck, and then secure with the fixings.

gutter3.png

Once the membrane is applied to the roof deck as described in my other manual, application of the trim system can be finished.

Trim the edge of the membrane making sure that at least 50mm of membrane overhangs the gutter edge of the roof. The top edge of the drip plate is pushed under the top lip of the backplate, with the membrane in between the two…

gutter5.png

… then the drip plate can be tapped firmly into place using a rubber mallet until it clips in securely. The use of a short piece of batten and a hammer or even a rubber mallet will ensure that the drip plate will
not be damaged during fitting. Do not strike the drip plate directly.

gutter4.png

You now have a gutter drip section that is secure, and funcional.

I hope this helps!

Sponsored Links
Hi RW Dave,

I'm finding your DIY guide for novice EPDM ers very useful. Would it be possible for you to send me the links to your pdfs- the links seem to have been deleted from the original post.

Thanks very much, it's appreciated.

Annie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back