New Flat Roof Meeting Building Regs?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are swapping the pitched roof on our small (2m x 2.2m) single story room to a flat roof to gain some headroom. I had thought this was just a case of adding some block work courses, putting a roof on and making sure it is insulated enough.

However BC have come back with:

Changing a pitched roof to a flat roof will require a building regulations application (and possibly a planning application) and full constructional details of the flat roof construction including rainwater discharge.

The application bit is fine, but what exactly they after for the rest? I I'd ask them, but it has taken 8 days, 1 email and 2 phone calls to get the first reply!

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Was kind of the plan. I'm not doing it myself, builder is bringing up the brickwork and putting in the joists, roofer is doing OSB and fibreglass.

I probably should check this. So the plan is fibre glass over OSB, cellotex between joists, multi foil under the joists, cross baton with stud timber then 12.5mm plasterboard beneath.

Will that meet the regulations?

I'm a little confused by ventilation, as much as the things I have seen talk about cross ventilation. This roof is attached to the building on 2 touching "sides of the square" so there is no "oppersite sides" to vent.

Hope that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back