basin without overflow help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my daughter has bought a basin for her bathroom , and there isnt a overflow at the back of the basin for a standard fix. Could you tell me how i can get over the problem

Sponsored Links
Do you mean that the basin is without an overflow at all or that it has an integral overflow?

If there is no overflow at all then the solution is to not fill the basin too far.

If it is an integral overflow then standard waste fitting is fine as the water is directed back to standard waste.

no overflow fitted so second suggestion applies .Hit the kids abou the head with a soggy loofer if we have a waterfall and the flor tiles come up, oh joy!

A washing bowl never had an overflow - that is what you have a modern washing bowl with a hole in the bottom! no overflow!

usually these things are sold as trendy modern look made of glass or stone in fact any material often just plonked onto a stainless steel bracket

Sponsored Links
Norbellini,

If the thought of the kids overfilling the basin is a great worry then you could always fit a pair of non concussive taps.

IT sounds like a medical hand wash basin it should not have a plug hole either, but a flush fitting grating

There are more and more of these hand basins popping up now as they are designed for aesthetics. Not just medical now. Not a great fan of them myself but must admit that they look pretty.

They just go against the whole theory that form follows function!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back