PLEASE HELP BASIN INSTALL GOING WRONG!! URGENT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I installed a pedestal basin had acouple of problems but manged to fix them, when testing the basin the waste at the bottom of the sinkhole leaked when run to overflow, tried tightening silcone taking the plughole out etc but no joy, it still leaked when run to overflow.

So I undid the basin and carefully replaced the sinkhole and waste making sure I siliconed the entire area, I have just fitted the basin and everything seemed fine BUT.....water now pours from a hole in the basin, this hole is about the size of the top of a pencil, it is on the right have side front of the basin, I thought it was something to do with the manufacturing? but now my waste seems fine but the bloody hole in the basin pours on overflow...please help as the water is off and the kids are due in from school soon...many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi my fault ,it is not hre hole for the plug and chain the hole is on the outside of the basin on the right hand side about half way up, it never leaked before so i never paid it any attention, now that the waste is 'fixed' it pours on overflow.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,
Thanks for getting back in touch, i can't get my phone to take a picture bright enough to post, the hole is 3 inches forward of where the fixing hole to the wall is, it appears to have been manufactured i.e its not drilled or anything as the porcelain lines the hole. Do you think i should just try and seal it?

Hi,
I have sealed the hole, and contated manu they are sending new basin apparently there is a design problem.

Thank you for your help

I wonder if you have sealed up the slot in the waste with silicon and when you make the basin overflow it is going into the casting space and out one of the holes on basins to do with the manu process. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back