The order of installation for fixing a Ped. Basin?

Whatever you like to do is good if it works . As 4 the silicone It dont need to be left to set. skins in 30 mins & theres no pressure so its fine. once contacted a dry surface water wont remove it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies and useful information.
Do you always use flexi-connectors for hot and cold?
Push fit tend to resrict the flow.
What about mono-block taps, whats the best way to install them in a basin or sink?

Agree about the silicone. , but this one was 100% covered in p-mait so I wasn't sure it would stick! And I don't use silicone much on boilers so didn't have any!

Flexies will restrict a lot more than push-fit and 15mm on taps. Unavoidable sometimes, but watch the bore diameter, some are about 6mm :rolleyes: .

Monobolocs on ceramic - fill the hole up with silicone! Stops them twisting.
But not if they have a waste-lifting rod through! Depends on the clamp - some of them are getting quite good, but the single stud ones can slip about

Sponsored Links
b & q sell those basin waste seal for 99p my local plumb centre never has any and it was only by chance i spotted them in there and they are the dogs b******s no mess no leaks....!!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back