Power tool makes to avoid ?

Anyone know what "tool master" tools are like?I recently bought a toolmaster rip saw and it works ok but off course time will be the true test ie will it still be working in a years time?

Sponsored Links
I haven’t seen Black and Decker for a long time. Maybe survival of the fittest meant they became extinct. If so, good ridden to bad rubbish I say.

I may get shot down in flames for this but if you check into Lidl they have themes like cycling, garden and DIY etc. If you catch the right week you will see some great tools at an incredible price and what’s more they are made in Germany.

For instance, I recently got a set of SDS drills and chisel bits for £4. Yes, £4! I think there was about ten in a nice box. I honestly don’t know how they do it at the price but they had to be worth more than that in scrap metal alone. The largest chisel bit was just like one I bought from Homebase some months earlier which was £16 just for the one bit!

The way I see it is they are as good but even if they don’t quite go the distance that other expensive ones do, at that price you cannot go wrong. I think they currently have cordless 18 volt drills but these things do sell fast.

Makes you realise just how much we get ripped off paying for a name.

Seems to be horses for courses for tools, I don't think any one manufacturer makes "the best" tool across the range. I've got a Makita 18v cordless drill and impact driver which is fine for all but the toughest jobs. I noticed some Dewalt drills in B&Q the other day, they looked very different to how they used to, cheap is the word!

Different story with my DW718 mitre though, can't fault it, although the laser broke :( Same with the Dewalt Jigsaw, not much used but for a Jigsaw, it's not bad.

Other stuff, Bosch (Blue of course) Planer, plus a Bosch DMF10 cable tracer which is laughably rubbish and it's a replacement for an equally laughable DMF10, or maybe I just can't use it :cry: .

Suppose I'd better say that I'm only a DIY'er so my opinion probably counts for nowt!

Sponsored Links
Will soon be looking to buy some new power tools - cordless drill/driver, etc

I expect around 18v battery and metal gearing etc.

Any makes to avoid using ? or recommendations to use?
Will be used on a daily basis, not DIY.

Must be able to get spare batteries or come with them.

Any best places to buy ?

Gerry

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back