16 day bathroom project

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After moving into my house 2 years ago it was about time I dealt with my bathroom, the original room had a bath with a shower over and an awful curtain track around, the sink was located in a recess which was of good quality also the mixer. the shower mixer was of the same quality also and the WC, these items have all been re sited and used again, as the bath was used as only with the shower, this was discarded and a new 1400 x 900 shower tray and enclosure was purchased.

The majority of the plumbing and drainage had to be resited and a new floor fitted.

On removal of the old tiles, the wall finising was in poor condition and had to be scraped back to remove all flaking. The floor also had to be replaced.

Major tiling work for me had to be undertaken and only have one tile I am not pleased with but when the towel radiator is fitted this will not be seen....phew

to be continued........

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks for your comment, the tiling was a big job, they were 600 x 300 tiles but due to the design most had to be cut, I purchased all the tools as required and only borrowed a diamond wheel when needed.

Looking good!

Just out of interest, what kind of costs were involved with the vinyl floor?

I'm thinking of getting our walk-in shower floor re-done. No matter what type of sealant I use, the grout still stains :mad:

Hi Bon, thanks I am really please the way it has turned out, my floor layer charged £180 all in, the vinyl and laying and the floor was about 4 Sq meters.

16 days...don't tell my wife....I've been working on my bathroom for 2 years now....new floor, lights, shower, fully tiled, new bath, basin, wc and two towel rads...just the ceiling to finish, lay the underfloor heating, tile over,new door and full length mirror door on cupboard...oh and I've to fit an extractor fan...hmm..maybe I should have paid someone...I'm not allowed on pain of death to do anymore large projects.... so it off to the pub then!! :)

Hi

I know this an old post - but i really like your bathroom floor. I want something similar where the vinyl goes up the wall - rather than the norm of being laid flat.

Can you tell me who did the work for you please. Did you have to do any specific preperation prior to it being fittd - eg did you put any formers along the bottom of the floor to establish that nice curved shape?

Thanks

The guy who fitted the vinyl was a independent contract floor covering fitter, he suppied and fitted everthing for the floor, vinyl, formers edging strip adhesive etc. A friend of mine gave me his number, he came round with samples, I picked from them what I wanted and he did the rest. The floor was layed over water resistant tongue and grove chippboard floor which was screwed and glued to give a flat even secure base. I would suggest you contact an independant layer in your area who fits industrial floors, have a chat and make a deal. He should have a comprehensive sample selection and quote you for the complete job, if there was any preparation that may be needed to fit the floor he should either quote you for that as well or you ask him what you would need to do prior to the fitting and do that forhim before he arrives. The price he will quote you will obviously depend on the meterage of you floor and the cost of the selected covering etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back