The best feeling in the world.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My wife and I are lucky enough to have THE most gorgeous grandson (I know I know conny) in the world. The other day he was quietly dozing off as she was cuddling him and she turned and said "This has got to be the best feeling in the world"

Well it is for us, but what is the best feeling in the world for the rest of you guys???......keep it clean pleeez!!

Sponsored Links
I've had lots of moments to be proud of, but as for the best feeling in the world, not sure. Don't know if I've had one of those :(

Best for me was getting £18k for a colt in goffs. :D

Sponsored Links
We're expecting our first in February and I can't wait for my parents to see the baby for the first time. My dad who is as hard as nails has already pre-warned me that he will cry bless him :D

Most of you have hit the nail on the head, with your experiences of children pulling through an illness. And I forgot about my own son, who is now 20, having acute epiglottitis when he was about 3. In intensive care for a week, but survived. Apologies for my absent mindedness :oops: :oops:

Mom said it was when I stopped being yellow after I was born.. apparently I had jaundice...

Flooringman, great topic and I have to say kids and grandkids are the best things on earth. There is nothing so precious but a lot of people don't realise that until, like a few on here, that preciousness is in danger of being snatched away.
Grandkids allow you to be a child again by playing silly games like'horsey' and 'Ring-a ring -a roses' without feeling daft or crawling up the stairs pretending you are Sir Edmund Hilary conquering Everest. :LOL:
As for illnesses, my daughter had a skin blemish which, thankfully, was benign. My eldest G/daughter had a sudden headache/sore neck/painful eyes/vomiting the other week and we feared the worse but it turned out to be a virus and when he was about 15 my son had Quincy. A very dangerous infection where the throat can swell up and cut off the air supply in a matter of hours. He had to have painful injections into the back of his throat 3 times a day for 5 days but got through it.
Its times like these that make you forget the bad times and troubles they have given you and realise the joy they bring instead.

Oh, and by the way flooringman. You have the 5th, my 4 beat you hands down. ;) :LOL: :LOL:

My friend was over in London from Northern Ireland at weekend and brought me local paper - which I thought a bit odd until I opened it and my 13 year old sons photo was in it for prize giving at school - I was proud as punch - my lad had told me he got prize but didn't mention the picture

We're expecting our first in February and I can't wait for my parents to see the baby for the first time. My dad who is as hard as nails has already pre-warned me that he will cry bless him :D
Nothing can prepare you for the arrival of your first sprog.

Once you have finally come down from the euphoria of experiencing one of the most special events a parent can witness, the emotional roller coaster is about to begin. Confusion, forgetfulness, short temper, feeling irrational, irritable, cry without warning, bring on.......

....sleepless nights. :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back