Sex education.

mildmanneredjanitor said:
I think that they should add bromide as one of the yummy ingredients to McDonalds.

That should reduce teenage pregnancy by 92.8% at least! :D

There's probably so much steroid in it already that we'll soon be a sterile nation. Problem solved :D

Sponsored Links
The problem is that parents in their early twenties reckon their pre-teen children are just too young for that stuff.

Maybe sigle parents are a modern invention, but shotgun weddings aren't.

Damocles said:
The problem is that parents in their early twenties reckon their pre-teen children are just too young for that stuff.

Maybe sigle parents are a modern invention, but shotgun weddings aren't.

Thats hardly suprising though is it, what age would most children of early twenty somethings actually be?

Someone recently pointed out to me that a pre-teen is in fact age 12.

Sponsored Links
Damocles said:
Someone recently pointed out to me that a pre-teen is in fact age 12.

But you said,

So if mid 20's was say 25 and we said early 20's was say 22 or 23, they would've had that 12 year old child at 10 or 11 years of age. Now I'm sure you don't mean that, but if you did, sex-ed obviously needs to be done much earlier than that. Whoever told you pre-teen is 12 is wrong because it is any age before 13.

If you ask for volunteers in their early twenties, probably everyone up to say 28-ish would stand up?

I exagerated slightly. But girls do get pregnant at 12. Just googled and it suggested age 11 for a girl to start having periods is not unreasonable.

I think this would be a very bad age to get pregnant. But it suggestes 10 is only just in time to give lessons.

ten, eleven, twelve, thirTEEN, fourTEEN. teen is too late. 12 is the last age before 'teen.

Well according to one of the sites I have just googled it is nine years old.

http://www.familyhelp.com/begintalking.html

Whats with this?

ten, eleven, twelve, thirTEEN, fourTEEN. teen is too late. 12 is the last age before 'teen.

I don't understand what you are trying to say here, any age before 13 is pre-teen like I said.

If you ask for volunteers in their early twenties, probably everyone up to say 28-ish would stand up?

They could say whatever they like, 28 is late 20's in most peoples eyes.

I do however agree that any young kids getting pregnant is terrible.

So when did you last hear a baby referred to as a pre-teen?

I didn't say they were. However you said 12 is pre-teen and I only pointed out that any age before 13 is pre-teen which it is.

Going through that stage in my life had some very worrying effects; the urge to self entertain and the thrill from seeing a picture of a shapely female - I thought I was turning into a sex maniac; and though you women won't know much about it - the boy's breast develop, painfully, and I worried that I was turning into a woman. Oh the shame that I wasn't going to be a sex maniac after all. Seriously very worrying and I am not sure that "sex education" would cover those two points - the problems not the breasts.

Sex education often has a problem explaining that sex is good fun. A lot of people still get upset if you tell kids that. or adults.

But girls do get pregnant at 12. Just googled and it suggested age 11 for a girl to start having periods is not unreasonable.

I can testify to that. Quite a few of our daughter's junior school friends had sprouted breasts already by the time they were eleven. Just about every girl in year six claimed to have a boyfriend (though a simple observation at the end-of-term school disco showed all those present to be liars). She was beginning to feel like the odd one out.

Sex education often has a problem explaining that sex is good fun.

Absolutely right. Another nail hit firmly on the head. You would be hard pressed to find a politician anywhere who will publicly state this simple fact. Indeed, as Alex Comfort observed, almost all people in any kind of public office suffer from the same problem. I couldn't quite believe his explanation though.

Sex education....this is simply a requirement for falling stndards in society and bad parenting.

The VAST majority of teenage girls do not get pregnant, and the majority of those that do are from broken homes looking for attention and affection where they can get it. Until these societal problems are addressed then sex education cannot solve the problem.

Sex education....this is simply a requirement for falling stndards in society and bad parenting.

Er,no. It's a requirement for good sex!

The VAST majority of teenage girls do not get pregnant, and the majority of those that do are from broken homes looking for attention and affection where they can get it. Until these societal problems are addressed then sex education cannot solve the problem.

Quite correct. Similarly, teaching English will not stop yobs swearing at every passer-by and teaching maths will not stop gamblers losing all their money - and teaching nuclear physics will not cure tin pot tyrants of the desire to make bigger bombs. I wonder whether the new lessons in citizenship will make a difference?

Is that in the dictionary? It's a year or two now since a politician on Question Time came out with "antisocietal behaviour" so maybe it is.

PS:

teaching nuclear physics will not cure tin pot tyrants of the desire to make bigger bombs

If the late A.C. was correct, sex-ed just might!!!

Yes, Societal is in the dictionary.

Societal.

so·ci·e·tal ( P ) Pronunciation Key (s-s-tl)
adj.
Of or relating to the structure, organization, or functioning of society.

adj : relating to human society and its members; "social institutions"; "societal evolution"; "societal forces"; "social legislation"

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=societal

Sponsored Links
Back