volume control on tv

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
volume control on tv
its not varied enough on control, cant turn it down to a whisper .
its a neon 32 lcd
can i put a potentiometer on the tele my self. don't no what's in side
as i haven't had a look as yet . how do i wire one up .
two speakers with one red and one black on each speaker is what i would expect to find , if the back is off . 3 pins on the potentiometer . and still keep stereo sound . any diagrams please it should be easy to do this without taking it to tv repair shop . as its only the speaker cables .
i think i should be able to use 1 potentiometer for the 2 speakers ??
i realise electricity will be held in some components and care must be taken
thanks ron

Sponsored Links
are you running sky through it?
if so perhaps you can set the volume in the sky box lower then the tv,
if you can understand that well done :rolleyes:

no sky .
just the built in freeview is used & there's no headphone socket on this television so i cant do outside speakers

You cannot attach a potentiometer to the speaker cables. You will alter the impedance of the speaker circuit and may seriously overload the audio output IC causing it to overheat and fail. Volume control is done nowadays by digital increments with + and - buttons or via remote. The circuit cannot be altered.

Sponsored Links
i decided to change teles from the spare room to the main room its a lot easier as volume levels don't mater in this room as it is end of semi detached and there is better control of the volume on the spare tele that was used for gaming . best i leave it alone with the volume idea .thanks for the info i learnt something today i prefer the other tv but needs must

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back