can't move pipes to use compression joint!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks

I'm really stuck at the moment.
I've just located the leak we had. It was under our bathroom floor. Looks like a screw was rubbing on a radiator pipe.

It's right under the toilet, so i would have had to rip that out, as well as the ceramic floor tiles, plywood and floorboards , maybe even the bath too (!).

That is why i opted to cut out the kitchen ceiling below. The pic below shows the kitchen ceiling looking up to the bathroom floorboards.

5155088270_9d1d3fd25e_z.jpg

The problem I am having is that i just can't move either end of the pipes to make the compression joint fit.
There's no give at all. Probably because the pipes tee off to rads and the lack of space in the joist notches.

Does anyone know what my options are?
Is it possible to solder a coupling on by sliding it all the way over one pipe before sliding it back??

I'd appreciate any help i can get...!
cheers
Rob

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You can file the stop out of the compression fitting or use a couple of 22mm slip couplings and solder the pipe.

Thanks for the replies, I knew people were helpful on this site, but still shocked at how quick you all got back to me.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back