Honeywell Galant House Alarm System 6160EX Keypad

There are two types of code to your panel, User codes and an Engineer code, you've got a User code, you are after the Engineer code.

It has been correctly explained why your company will not give it to you.

Again, ask them to come and change it (it'll be at your cost) to one that you are happy with.
They don't even have to see what you want it to be, you put it in and don't let them look over your shoulder.

Better still get them to put the Engineer code back to the factory default of **** then change it yourself to something more suitable like 1066 or 1812 (you'd be surprised how many User codes like these there are), not forgetting the usual 1234.

What's the problem?

The panel DOES NOT NEED TO BE DEFAULTED TO DO THIS, just knowledge of the existing Engineer code.

Defaulting is ONLY necessary if the Engineer code is NOT KNOWN.

Sponsored Links
Personally let the muppet try and do it himself.
After reading his ****ant comments it makes you wonder why we do this for nothing.

I think the penny has now dropped.

He wants the code changed for nothing.

There is no way I'd drive 10, 20, 30 or more miles to do that for nothing.

Alarm, you have all the makings of being a very rude little man.
With your attitude I suspect you do this (forum) to bolster your own ego by making you feel superior to those who do not have your particular area of expertise. Not that you have made any contribution in this instance except an uninformed rude comment. I bet you people skills go down a wow with your clients!

It would seem that both you and Europlex do not properly read correspondence exchanges otherwise you would have noted my post timed at 14.11 hours yesterday...."horses for courses" ring any bells?
Would either of you pay for a service you thought was unfair without demur? I think not!

Chrisaf

Sponsored Links
It would seem that both you and Europlex do not properly read correspondence exchanges otherwise you would have noted my post timed at 14.11 hours yesterday...."horses for courses" ring any bells?
Would either of you pay for a service you thought was unfair without demur? I think not!
Chrisaf
I just knew I was right, wants it done for nothing.

One post says he understands the rules/regs we have to work to, then keeps banging on about getting it done for nothing, because he owns the alarm.

DUH

It has been very well explained why you have to pay a sum. It is you that cannot see furrther than the end of your nose.

Lets have another example, your washing machine goes on the blink. You try to fix but cannot ( like you cannot reset the Eng code).

You call a engineer and he fixes it and you PAY the man.
See the similarity here yet, someone works for you, they get paid.

Now if you were half as clever as you make out you would have gotten quotes and then looked at the price of a new panel.
Decided to fit "your" one. And troubles over.

There is another way of course, write to the manufacturers ask them how to do it. Even better ring them up.
Tell us what they said won`t you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back