master socket and slave

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello need some help and advice
i have a over head incoming phone cable.
the first outlet then is the loft- from there landing , hall, bedroom1, kitchen, lunge1, bedroom2, lounge2, and bed3

also from the landing there is a third wire to a hall way then from there to a utiliy

yes intotal there are 11 phone line points but after 4year of living at my house the phone stoped working i had bt out and they said this is due to all the phone sockets being master sockets. what can i do? and why did it take 4years to show the fault?

Sponsored Links
a couple of options disconnected them all and put them back on one at a time, you could cut the capacitor out of all the master sockets apart from the main ( first one) and wire them all as slaves (3 wires) normally 2 blue with white 5 white with blue 3 orange with white or replace all the other masters with new secondary sockets. you may have a short somewhere

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back